Leidos is hiring a Data Architect for our SSA ITSSC II program in Baltimore, MD. You will lead and support multiple efforts working with Application Owners and Enterprise Data Architects (EDAs) within the Data Warehouse suite of products, performing Data Analytics, Data Science, ETL, Design & Reporting responsibilities with cutting edge tools.
You will have the opportunity to mine hidden details located within large sets of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data. You will need to leverage mathematics and applied statistics skills with visualization and a healthy sense of exploration to analyze data sets.
Your Duties Will Include The Following Activities
- Collaborate with team members to design a robust enterprise architecture adaptable to changes and govern the changes being made at enterprise level.
- Engage with multiple teams like Business Architect team, Data Modelers, DBA, Key Stakeholders, Enterprise Delivery groups, CoE team, etc.
- Work with Solution Architects, Associate Commissioners and executives to suggest Development Strategy Insights for data ingestion and optimal solution for other projects within agency.
- Create the concept of Semantic Layer – Building Blocks in the agency to eliminate data silo issues and providing a consistent way of interpreting data thereby empowering the business community to perform self-service business intelligence analysis in support of data-driven decision-making.
- Work with EDW governance team responsible for setting up best practices for data modeling, data extraction strategies, attribute relationships, master data extraction / storage, data quality checks, naming standards, reusable codes, etc.
- Collaborate with source application teams to migrate legacy MI/BI databases into EDW platform for easier/faster analysis, by reporting with consolidated data.
- Develop MI/BI solutions to empower the business community to perform more cost effective, flexible and integrated EDW platform, saving money and reducing complexity.
- Create Conceptual Architecture and High Level Design documentation and reviewing with senior architects, architect review boards, business teams, stakeholders to get it approved.
- As EDW Data Modeler, responsible for Modeling new entities and modifying existing data model using ERwin modeling tool, as per the customer standards including providing meaning full business definitions.
- Provide technical support and developing mapping for ETL process. Leading the team with ETL design, solution, delivering as per the requirements.
- Create valuable business use case visualizations in Tableau for highlighting interesting data.
- Identify source data anomalies and reporting to application teams for data correction.
- Create on-demand scripts to fix any production data without any impacts to the other data.
- Provide production support for bug fixes, code migration, monitoring production job runs.
- Validate daily and full Quality checks, and analyzing data issues.
- Guide team in creating business valuable test scenarios to test various data patterns.
- Lead end user training sessions to utilize EDW using Tableau by providing the training and giving clarifications to the user questions during the training.
What skills do you need?
You Will Have An Extensive Track Record Of Delivering High Quality Outcomes In a Complex Environment, Utilising The Following Data Architecture Disciplines
- Data governance;
- Data modelling;
- Data standards;
- Metadata management;
- Data innovation.
- Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
- MI/BI Solutions
- Data Analysis
- User training
Alongside your technical experience you will have a successful track record of communicating between the technical and the non-technical domains.
What is your approach to work?
As a Senior Technology Professional You Will
- Be a team player, with an attitude that enables getting the job done by collaborating with internal and external team members;
- Possess of a customer-centric focus and be committed to delivering significant benefit to our customer's business;
- Support other team members and be able and willing to deliver effective coaching and mentoring support when the need arises;
- Be self-managing, with the ability to effectively prioritise and schedule your own tasks in line with customer and project priorities;
- Possess extensive experience with Advanced Analytics for data driven decision making;
- Be experienced working with Agile Methodologies;
- Possess strong communication skills, verbal and written.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.