Leidos is seeking a System Engineer in Austin, TX. This role may be worked remote.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for considering functional benefits, technical performance, risks, and schedule concerns. The System Engineer candidate must have extensive IT experience in the analysis, design, and evaluation of information systems utilizing commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and development software. The Systems Engineer must be well versed in understanding structured analysis and design methodologies for the translation of systems requirements from business needs with a proven record of accomplishment. Must be able to evaluate cost factors and risk.
- A Senior Systems Engineer provides technical support in system architecture, system design, system integration and technical management.
- Assists in providing technical input to the systems engineering process.
- Leads teams in developing application and technical plans.
- Guide customers in the installation and use of strategic products through education and guidance, first-use and tuning assistance problem solving and critical situation resolution.
- Support VBA Insurance systems for web, client server and batch applications with focus in the following areas. The affected VBA Insurance systems include VICTARS, Insurance General Ledger (IGL), VICTARS/IGL supporting batch processes, and web systems under the Electronic Insurance systems.
- Manage Windows based application deployment, configuration and troubleshooting on work from home terminal servers in support of Insurance staff and management working remotely.
- Manage and deployment of changes using VA enterprise tools for web and Windows server based applications under VA configuration management policies.
- Ensure the deployed applications conform to PIV/application security and function appropriately.
- Guarantee deployed application reliability and availability through internet, network and terminal server connection methodologies.
- Work one on one with Insurance personnel, as needed, regarding Insurance laptop/desktop application configuration to ensure Windows server based deployments perform correctly and optimally.
- Support help desk resolution on tickets relating to web and Windows server based application deployments, and laptop, desktop, and terminal server configurations.
- Works with 2nd and 3rd tier IT groups within the VA to assure timely resolution to issues related with application reliability and availability.
- Master Degree and 10 years of experience. 20 years of relevant experience in lieu of Degree
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance. Federal contract requirement
- Must be well versed in understanding structured analysis and design methodologies for the translation of systems requirements from business needs with a proven record of accomplishment.
- Must be able to evaluate cost factors and risk.
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Ability to maintain scripting (WinBatch, Powershell, etc.) used for execution and deployment of Windows server based applications.
- Works with Product Managers in planning deployments for test and production environments in conjunction with VA change management policies and tools.
- Ability to guide Insurance Product Line technical resources in best practices regarding build and deployment methodologies in conjunction with available VA tools.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.