Leidos is seeking a SME Digital Forensics Examiner / Malware Analyst to support a federal customer within the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC). Responsibilities include:
- Examines and performs comprehensive technical analysis of computer-related evidence and information stored on devices during the course of investigations and litigations.
- Conducts offsite forensic collections of digital evidence using best practices and approved software and hardware (travel required).
- Provides skilled technical guidance and assistance to staff personnel involved in the investigation and litigation process to ensure precautions are taken to prevent spoliation of evidence.
- Serves as technical consultant and provide as-needed training in data recovery, forensic examinations, and techniques to staff personnel and contractors.
- Provides operational and administrative support to the Digital Forensics Laboratory in configuring hardware and software and managing inventories. Ensure evidence is stored and archived in a manner consistent to maintain preservation and protection of data and evidence. Ensure all hardware and software is verified and validated in accordance with established guidelines and the Federal Rules of Evidence.
- Provides oral and written communication to staff personnel concerning findings of fact, results of examination(s), and legal declarations, and testify in court as to the procedures and methodology used to recover and identify relevant evidence.
- Examines and performs comprehensive technical analysis of computer-related evidence and information stored on a device(s) during the conduct of an investigation or litigation.
- Conducts detailed analysis of potentially-infected or confirmed-infected computer systems, including identification of threat vectors, indicators of compromise for future detection, and compromise attribution
- Provides technical support to the Incident Handling lifecycle, including mentoring, coaching, and training junior and mid-level incident handlers on proper documentation, triage, containment, eradication, and analysis of network and host-based security events
- Provides operational management support (when necessary) to the Program Manager and/or Deputy Program Manager.
- Prepares detailed Threat Analysis reports based on analysis of infected or compromised devices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or an information management field preferred. Additional applicable military or relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Must have at least 12 years of progressive technical experience that demonstrates relevant skills in digital forensic investigations.
- Current/Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Forensics-related certification considered a must
- Litigation / criminal examination experience considered a must
- Security Operations experience considered a must
- Malware reverse-engineering experience considered preferential
- Must have hands-on experience using digital forensics software, including, but not limited to EnCase, Forensic Toolkit (FTK),
- Must have experience apply investigative and litigation support principles and methodologies.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Must be able to pass customer specific background investigation
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.