Leidos has a career opening for a Network Controller at Hill AFB, Ogden UT.
Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Hill Air Force Base, UT and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. The core telecommunications capabilities supported by GSM-O enables the Warfighter to meet operational needs by providing world-wide telecommunications, supporting natural disaster relief, and conducting humanitarian assistance in peace time crises, regional conflicts, and at the same time executing on-going strategic deterrence activities. This position directly supports the DISA-provided GIG capabilities and services in our 24x7 Global Network Support Center (GNSC) working in our Transport, IP, and / or Unified Capabilities (UC) NOC.
- Conduct network and telecommunications system incident investigation.
- Identify and document network errors and solutions.
- Analyze network and telecommunications alarms and identify potential issues.
- Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain network devices such as firewalls, cryptographic devices, and routers to optimize performance and ensure the desired security posture is attained and maintained.
- Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain network devices, phone systems, including phone units, voicemail, switches, infrastructure, call manager systems, Video Teleconference (VTC) systems video recording/viewing/distribution systems, and related telecommunications trunk circuits.
- Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain network devices including MSPP, Promina, ATM, and Optical.
- High School Diploma and 3+ yrs of relevant technical discipline; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) prior to start date.
- Able to work in a shift work environment as we are a 24/7 operation.
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management
- Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, DSN/DRSN, GVS, Promina, CISCO, MSPP, Optical Switching.
- General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.