The NGEN-NMCI program at Leidos is seeking a Cyber Security Specialist, Junior level to support efforts for NGEN-R; supporting the largest IT services program for the Navy.
Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
In this role you will serve as a Cyber Security specialist; serving as a key team member, supporting the Project Manager.
You will be expected to skills associated with the execution of information security management services; providing a broad range of information security activities and operations at an approved level of security, across the enterprise.
Use your experience supporting a broad-range of programs associated with overall information assurance and cyber security support; inclusive of security configuration and management services, data protection, anti-virus, malware detection and protection, host-based and endpoint security solutions, and audit and accountability services to ensure outstanding performance.
The work locations for this position may be in the following cities:
Pearl Harbor, HI
San Diego, CA
- Operate all aspects of Information Systems (IS) data availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation.
- Work on a team supporting Network Interface and COI customers. Support network operations, installations and troubleshooting support as needed.
- Implement and monitor security measures for communication systems, networks, and provide advice that systems and personnel adhere to established security standards and Governmental requirements for security on these systems.
- Develop and execute Government approved security policies, plans, and procedures; implement data network security measures; operate and monitor network intrusion detection and forensic systems; conduct IS security incident handling; support Continuity of Operations Plan/Disaster Recovery (COOP/DR) plans, and perform certification of IS and networks.
- Perform other information security duties including operation of Electronic Key Management System (EKMS) and maintenance of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Operate Host Based Security System (HBSS), firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), other point of presence security tools, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and related security operations.
- BS degree and less than 2 years of prior relevant experience or High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) with a minimum of 2 years of experience across a broad-range of programs with increasing responsibility in overall information assurance and cyber security
- US Citizen and DOD SECRET Clearance, clearable to TOP SECRET
- DoD 8570 IAT II Certification
- Knowledge of Cisco Switching/Routing product line
- Strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of IP network/subnet addressing
- Hands-on experience diagnosing network related issues
- Familiarity with standard networking devices to include, but not limited to, CISCO IOS and Juniper OS.
- Flexibility to work independently, with vendors, or in teams, sometimes across geographic regions and members with varying information security abilities
- Working knowledge of DoD networking and IA policies and regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of NIST Information Technology Security Special Publications (SP) 800 series, with emphasis NIST SP 800-30, NIST 800-37, NIST 800-53a, NIST SP 800-61, NIST 800-171, DHS 4300A, CBP Handbook 1400-05D
- Experience working with Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience operating, maintaining and administrating the following:
- network access control services
- endpoint security detection and response services and solutions
- host-based security detection and response services and solutions
- data protection mechanisms using at rest and in flight management technologies
- intrusion management services
- Previous work experience providing support to the NGEN-NMCI program is highly desired
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field, with 2+ years of prior relevant experience
- Professional certifications (CCNA/P, JNCIA/P)
- IAT III qualified in accordance with DoD 8570
- Working knowledge of Community of Interest (COI) configurations and implementations.
- Training/Certifications: HBSS, Tenable Security Center, Redseal, McAfee Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM), PKI, IPS
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.