No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Leadership training
- Management opportunities
In this role, you can also expect to gain
- NESC expertise
- Structural Pole Modeling
- Electrical Power Calculations
- GIS design training
- Project management
- Project Controls Experience (Financial and Schedule Management)
We are currently seeking a Natural Gas Utility Engineer design engineering experience for natural gas utilities. The candidate must have a strong background in gas utility distribution design work package development.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Perform detailed design of gas distribution systems. This work includes field engineering; completing applicable design calculations; preparation of installation drawings and specifications/notes for utility crews or third-party contractors; development of bills of materials and procurement documents; and development of material and construction cost estimates.
• Design and prepare independently, construction work orders related to facilities associated with gas distribution systems, including residential, commercial and industrial services, applying the prescribed industry and client standards, guides, specifications, and procedures.
• Assist in the performance of engineering studies and permitting activities.
Prepare and submit required reports and correspondence.
• Utilize client and Company information systems to track and update design activities.
• Additionally shall perform a variety of design related duties
• Typically requires a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering (Civil, Mechanical) or other from an accredited college or university or related engineering field and 4-8 years of gas distribution system design or a Master’s degree and less than 2 years of experience.
• Experience with computer applications and design software such as AutoCAD, CADWorx, Microstation, Microsoft Office, etc.
• Ability to follow prescribed standards and procedures.
• Knowledge of gas system maps and alignment sheets
• Awareness of safety in the design, construction and operation of distribution systems
• Experience and familiarity with trenchless construction methods
• Familiarity of field procedures for construction, purging, packing, etc.
• Ability to work with multiple clients and other agencies in connection with project design responsibilities.
• Have demonstrated leadership and technical capability to perform to job responsibilities
• Ability to work effectively in teams
• Ability to communicate well with team members and clients
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Distribution Design Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.