Leidos is searching for a Software/System Architect, Senior for our team at the Austin Information Technology Center.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
A Senior Software/System Architect must have extensive experience in the coordination of program and project leaders to identify requirements for system architecture. Must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements. Must have extensive experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues. Has extensive experience in taking program requirements and can create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems. Experience in creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project. Is responsible for dictating design choices to software developers, including but not limited to: platforms, coding and technical levels. Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices. Overseeing the development team, he manages the full life cycle of the software development process. Has extensive software development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages and logic.
Software/Systems Architect, Senior supports the Service Line Manager – Middleware. The Software/System Architect works with program and project leaders to define and create the architectural depictions and documents, ensuring logical flow, and address all issues. Has experience with a variety of software programs and languages and has some experience in programming. Must be able to design and discuss system software strategies for platform, applications and networks.
Concise definitions and development of architectural specifications for cost and risk analyses, robust software, sound processes, and program documentation are critical to ensuring delivery of the services provided by VA programs.
- Overall Mission: Provide operational support for applications utilizing VDIF (Veterans Data Integration and Federation) InterSystems HealthShare/HealthConnect platform
- Address and provide solutions for any/all day to day issues and uptime stoppage occurring in HealthShare/HealthConnect
- Provide advice on architectural decisions and craft support strategies
- Serve as a mentor and SME for other team members
- Provide operational support for application migrations, go lives and maintenance
- Update tickets and maintain problem/resolution reports for issues addressed
- Attend internal and customer facing meetings
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required with 10 years of experience. 10 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance.
- Must have experience with messaging technology
- Experience working in data centers
- Problem solving skills and good documentation skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other program stake holders.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Knowledge of InterSystems HealthShare/HealthConnect platform for health information exchanges
- Knowledge of HL7 international standards for the application layer (Layer 7) of the OSI model
- Knowledge of FHIR data formats and elements
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Knowledge of JMS API interface for messaging oriented middleware
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.