Leidos is seeking a highly experienced Chief Enterprise Architect, in Huntsville, AL, with at least 10+ years of technical experience to provide Enterprise IT services for the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers.
- Leads and directs large teams with diverse functional and technical disciplines to include enterprise architects, systems engineers, business analysts, and network engineers.
- Works directly with senior executives of the enterprise to consult, coach, and advise on strategy, business alignment, enterprise architecture, information technology solutions, and the associated impact on the organization and its stakeholders.
- Coordinates resolution of highly complex problems and tasks, selling new ideas and concepts in support of operational goals and objectives.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to enterprise architecture team. Integrates and translates complex concepts into tactical action plans.
- Directs high-level enterprise architecture analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and development. Has a deep understanding of DoD business transformation and processes, DoD organizational structure, experience in developing briefings and responses to GAO, OMB, and executives within the department, and coordinated and developed Business Enterprise Architecture (BEA) Compliance Guidance criteria and various BEA evolution strategies.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of the DoDAF, the DoD Net-Centric and Data Strategies, the DoD Information Assurance Guidance, and the DoD Federation Strategy, and has had hands-on experience with the BEA and Enterprise Transition Plan, Service Oriented Architecture, and the Business Mission Area Federation Strategy and Roadmap.
- Responsible for leading the successful technical startup and transition, including establishing the engineering team.
- Works closely with the Leidos Program Manager and PMO to provide services and projects that adhere to quality, schedule and budget.
- Works closely with the Leidos E&CS operational unit providing status and obtaining reach-back support from related programs throughout Leidos to deliver successful program execution.
- Works closely with the customer Program Office and other customer leadership at the most senior levels regarding IT strategy, contractual requirements and service delivery.
- Serves as the technical lead on large, complex projects and providing technical advice/input that impact successful contract execution across the enterprise solution.
- Affects Service Delivery by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that lead to successful execution and continuous improvement.
- Resolves highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring consideration of variables that affect multiple aspects of the project/program. Problems range from high impact operational events to tactical corrections.
- Mentors and coaches other technical staff.
- A MS degree with 8 to 10+ years of experience or BA/BS with 12+ years of experience
- An Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Professionally certified, as Technical Level II as defined by DODI 8570 is a requirement. This includes one of the following certifications (or a more advanced equivalent): IAT Level II (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, or SSCP) or IAM Level II (CAP, CASP+ CE, CISM, CISSP (or Associate), GSLC, or CCISO)
- 5+ years as a Chief Solutions Architect role for IT Technology
- Experience managing a team of technical professionals both directly and through influence to produce IT projects and operations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work with customer and program office to achieve success
- Experience with standard system engineering lifecycle concepts, architectural frameworks and artifacts to produce working solutions.
- Experience with all aspects of ITIL or DESMF
- Capable of presenting complicated concepts and course of action to Government and Leidos leadership
- Experience producing business cases for government projects and experience estimating project work as well as operations and sustainment.
- Knowledge of U.S. Federal acquisition processes and competitive capture environments
- Architectural experience with current Wide Area Network (WAN)/Local Area Network (LAN)/Campus Area Network (CAN) technology, emerging network and enterprise IT technologies including, but not limited to automation technologies and approaches, end user compute, software-defined solutions)
- Experience modernizing and implementing adoption of cloud computing (AWS and/or Azure)
- Experience consolidating and re-architecting legacy applications and operations for cloud operations and maintenance.
- Relevant certifications for Networking and Cybersecurity
- Experience consolidating diverse IT operations and developing managed services
- Experience incorporating advanced IT operations capability such as site reliability engineering, Infrastructure as Code, DevOps, Continuous Monitoring , and artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML)
- Direct experience with DISA Network and Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS) programs
- Experience supporting DISA and understanding of the DISA mission with the ability to become a trusted DISA partner if not one already.
- Master’s degree with 15-20 years of experience in a related field
- Possess one of the following certifications: IAT Level III (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, or GCIH) or IAM Level III (CISM, CISSP (or Associate) GSLC, or CCISO)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technology Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.