Leidos is seeking a highly experienced Business Systems Analyst (Lifecycle Support Division) in Huntsville, AL, with at least 5 years of technical experience to provide Enterprise IT services for the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers.
This position will have stewardship over specified Material Management, Warehouse Management, Property Accountability or Maintenance and Utilization applications, processes, and associated interfaces. Stewardship includes both management and monitoring of the existing applications and processes, as well as partnering with the development teams to guide future business direction, enhancements, and optimization. They are responsible for working with stakeholders to gather/document key functional and technical requirements, assist in development of the business case, and collaborate with internal development teams to deliver technology solutions that meet the business need and deliver value.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- With this knowledge, develops or modifies moderately complex information systems.
- Includes analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary.
- Guides and advises less experienced Business Systems Analysts.
- Competent to work in some phases of systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Identifies the need and drives the development and implementation for new and significant improvements to major processes.
- Develop a thorough understanding of business processes, best practices, and available supporting technology & documentation.
- Work and collaborate closely with key stakeholders to document the key business goals and objectives for a new or existing process.
- Prepare detailed requirement specifications in the form of user stories or functional requirement documents for the development teams.
- Participation in the agile software development process as a proxy for the process owner role to help facilitate progress, answer any questions and provide more detailed requirements as necessary.
- Collaborate with development teams to produce any required documentation or communications that may be necessary in support of the project including project status, project roadmap, release plan, etc.
- Work closely with Q/A Analyst to develop test cases/scenarios and detailed acceptance criteria.
- Support project delivery by working with the user community to document and coordinate user acceptance testing and training plans.
- Assist the Help Desk with problem and incident management.
- Assist with end user training as necessary.
- A BA/BS degree required in IT, Supply Chain Management, or related field or AA with 7+ years of experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in large or medium IT implementations of warehouse management, property accountability or equipment maintenance applications.
- Experience interacting with business customers and managing expectations.
- Extensive Requirements Management experience
- Experience with test case development.
- Experience in Agile projects.
- In Depth knowledge of Business Analyst fundamentals
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated critical skills such as collaboration, strong written and verbal communication skills and analytical capability.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and software development lifecycles.
- Experience with Microsoft desktop applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
- An Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.