Leidos is seeking a highly experienced Application Systems Analyst (Operational Decision Division), in Huntsville, AL, with 10+ years of technical experience to provide Enterprise IT services for the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers. This analyst will be responsible for creating and maintaining a software requirements specification.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives based on user needs.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems while taking into account a variety of constraints such as computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
- Identifies the need and drives the development and implementation for new and significant improvements to major processes.
- Develop a thorough understanding of business processes, best practices, and available supporting technology & documentation.
- Work and collaborate closely with key stakeholders to document the key business goals and objectives for a new or existing process.
- Prepare detailed requirement specifications in the form of user stories or functional requirement documents for the development teams.
- Participation in the agile software development process as a proxy for the process owner role to help facilitate progress, answer any questions and provide more detailed requirements as necessary.
- Collaborate with development teams to produce any required documentation or communications that may be necessary in support of the project including project status, project roadmap, release plan, etc.
- Work closely with Q/A Analyst to develop test cases/scenarios and detailed acceptance criteria.
- Support project delivery by working with the user community to document and coordinate user acceptance testing and training plans.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level during all phases of systems analysis.
- Typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently.
- May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- A MS degree with 10 or more years of experience; or BA/BS with 12 or more years of experience.
- Professionally certified, as Technical Level II as defined by DODI 8570 is a requirement. This includes one of the following certifications (or a more advanced equivalent); CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, or SSCP.
- An Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- ITIL® Master Level Certification.
- Experience with Agile tools and workflows.
LDAC LITES III
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.