The Government Health & Safety Solutions Operation of Leidos Health Group has an opening for a VP in charge of the CMS portfolio. Primary work location for this position is Baltimore, MD. Some local travel is expected.
Reporting to the Sr Vice President of the Government Health & Safety Solutions Operation, the CMS VP provides strategic direction for diversifying and growing the CMS business and line management oversight of all Leidos business contracts performed within CMS to achieve business and operational results consistent with the Government Health & Safety Solutions Operation’s Annual Operation Plan (AOP). Current services performed in support of the CMS portfolio include but are not limited to Data Center and End User Support, Agile software design and development, system deployments and other health information services.
- Directs the overall management of a Division within a in a particular Operation. One (1) organization layer below an Operations Manager.
- Responsible for a profit and loss center and for directing a team of managers/leads to ensure the attainment of operational, financial and strategic business goals.
- Responsible for selecting, organizing, managing, and growing Division leadership.
- Responsible for establishing objectives, plans, budgets, and for setting strategic direction implemented within the Division.
- Communicates and negotiates with leaders within and outside of the company. Primary liaison between Division and executive management.
- Responsible for developing future leaders.
- Develop, maintain, and leverage customer relationships. Drive the importance of those relationships through the organization.
- Develop, maintain, and leverage relationships with suppliers.
- Actively engage in new business and contract growth activities. Chair all gate reviews at Division authority level. Present gate review material at Operations and Group Level Gate Reviews.
- Program Management: One or more programs and contracts within the Operation Division.
- Primary Customers: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
- Ensures that return on capital is maximized and short- and long-term objectives are met for Division.
- Ultimate accountability for profit and loss (P&L) within their Division.
- Responsible for growing the business, inclusive of both new business and on-contract growth.
- Develops and delivers on annual operating plan (AOP) and other business commitments (e.g. revenue, operating income, free cash flow, backlog, book-to-bill, indirect rate performance, labor base, sales, budget oversight).
- Provide strategic direction and strategy-to-action plan for the CMS portfolio.
- Work collaboratively with Business Development organization and other sales support personnel to achieve business growth targets within CMS account base.
- Actively engage other organizations within Leidos on collaboration efforts that will raise the bar on our current contracts and enable growth in adjacent markets
- Oversee operational execution and financial aspects of contract deliverables, cost, and schedule to achieve all key performance indicators of the organizations’ AOP commitment.
- Provide operational oversight and coaching to program managers.
- Manage indirect budgets to plan.
- Lead staff to achieve a high degree of customer affinity with all programs and maintain Leidos positive brand recognition throughout CMS.
- Develop employee base to achieve high degree of employee retention and performance, including the identification and development of future leaders in Leidos.
- Manage organizational compliance with Leidos policies and procedures.
- By personal example, set the tone and direction for moral and ethical leadership for the Health Group. Continue to build a culture grounded in the Leidos values, beliefs and expectations and highest standards of ethical and respectful behavior. Promote improved transparency and cross-group collaboration.
- Actively engage in strategic initiatives within the Gov’t Health & Safety Solutions Operation and Leidos Health Group to support the success of the entire organization.
- Provide backup support to Sr. Vice President of the Gov’t Health & Safety Solutions Operation as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience running a significant portfolio of programs within the federal market.
- Knowledge and experience in managing multiple contract types (CPFF, FFP, FPLOE, T&M, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow all aspects of a business area successfully including customers, people, programs, financials, and new business over multiple years.
- Proven successful track record of achieving on contract growth (OCG) and winning re-competes, takeaways, and new business. Drive program execution for current and future contracts.
- Demonstrated experience to effectively engage a diverse workforce of employees and subcontractors for effective and optimized resource utilization.
- Prior experience of collaboration efforts outside the organization.
- Proven ability to positively influence change at different levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop, and foster the organizational high potential talent to achieve career growth opportunities at higher levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and work with supporting functions and other delivery organizations for win/win results.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Master’s Degree preferred in business administration or within health related field.
- Experience directing a distributed team, managing multiple customers, programs, and projects as one collective business.
- Knowledge of innovative industry business models and corresponding “go to market” solutions to aid in further growing the Leidos business in the CMS account.
- Knowledge and awareness of industry best practices in program and project management, CMMI, ITIL, and other areas relevant to high maturity planning and execution.
- Strong knowledge of contract vehicles most frequently utilized for business, such as CIO-SP3, GSA IT70, MOBIS, and GSA BPAs.
- Knowledge of large, small, and “other than small” competition in the CMS market, along with their strengths and vulnerabilities.
- Experience with breaking into new accounts / customers through effective capture tactics.
- Existing positive relationships in the CMS account base.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Division Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.