Unleash your talents at Leidos! Leidos Defense is in search of a talented Chief Engineer for a large Air Force opportunity supporting the ICBM Integrated Services Contract 2 (ISC 2), based out of Ogden, UT. (Part Time)
The Successfully candidate will oversee and Ensure Nuclear Safety Design Certification compliance including weapon system specifications, weapon system architecture, and compliance documents (AFIs and AFMANs) with integration into Model Based System Engineering environment to produce required artifacts for Nuclear Certification in accordance with AFI 63-125.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will be:
• Conducts technical nuclear surety analyses, nuclear certification assessments, and risk & vulnerability analyses
• Performs evaluations of the design, operation of electrical, mechanical, nuclear command & control, software, and communications subsystems
• Supports ICBM Directorate (MMIII and GBSD) IPTs in the development of their designs to ensure compliance with nuclear surety standards
• Ensures system architecture meets nuclear surety requirements
• Supports Nuclear Surety WGs and present technical results of the analysis to internal and external customers
• Presents technical material to the Nuclear Surety Working Group and other AF review boards
• Supports AF Digital Engineering plans and continued expansion and use of MBSE, SysML-Based Architecture Modeling and MS&A tools, processes and systems
• Bachelor degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or related field and 15 plus years’ experience or MS degree and 12 plus years’ experience or PHD 9 plus years’ experience
• Experience with DoD, AF Nuclear Surety policy & processes or equivalent NNSA nuclear safety policy & processes
• Understanding of the DoD Systems Engineering lifecycle and USAF MBSE/Digital Engineering plans
• Knowledge related to application of nuclear safety and nuclear security techniques
• Experience with Air Force nuclear weapon systems, (ICBM experience preferred)
• Knowledge and understanding of AFI 63-125, Nuclear Certification Program
• Knowledge and understanding of 91 Series AFIs and AFMANs
• Must possess an active TS/SCI, or a Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI, and be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
• Prior work with ICBM directorate in a Chief Engineer or Principle Engineering Role; experience with matrix technical support environment.
• Advanced certifications
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.