The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) is seeking, an Engineering Technologist to join our growing, high-performance sensors research team in the development and application of advanced sensing technologies.
- Support all aspects of laboratory operations including data collection, instrument setup, and electronics configuration
- Design, develop and install LabVIEW applications as needed
- Assist in standing up new laboratories facilities including working with suppliers, subcontractors, and the research team to ensure the research facility capabilities support required research activities
- Support the development of advanced laboratory capabilities, including novel experimental techniques and equipment
- Setup and characterize a wide variety of laboratory equipment and military hardware
To be successful in this role you must possess the following:
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Typically requires 3 – 5 years of prior relevant experience.
- Certification as a LabVIEW Developer
- Experience in electronics design and assembly
- Strong knowledge of facility management and warehousing
- Microsoft A+ Certification
- Database management skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Photonics Laboratory experience
- Strong client communication skills
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Experience working with the Air Force Research Laboratory
- Experience collaborating across government, industry, and academia for activities and planning
- Use of audio/visual editing tools to support technology demonstrations
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Technologist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.