Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Leidos Civil Treasury team is recruiting for an Emerging Threats Team Lead
The team is responsible for maintaining computer and information security incident, damage and threat assessment programs. Duties include:
- Investigate computer and information security incidents to determine extent of compromise to: information and automated information systems, providing computer forensic and intrusion support to high technology investigations in the form of computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments, researching and maintaining proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding and network security and encryption.
- In addition, duties may include designing, developing or recommending integrated system solutions ensuring proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected, participating with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs, and configuring and validating secure systems, testing security products/systems to detect computer and information security weakness.
- Provides technical advice/ input that impact strategic client outputs and Leidos business results. Impacts functional strategy by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that position Leidos competitively in the marketplace. Serves as a technical lead on large, complex projects. Mentors and coaches other technical staff.
- Resolves highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring consideration of variables that impact multiple aspects of the project/program. Leads the development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts in the field.
- Resolves ability to communicate with senior executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of strategic importance to the organization/ project. Typically negotiates and compromises to convince internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices and approaches of the area.
- Requires highest knowledge and mastery of highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts. Viewed as a subject matter expert and within the field by peers within and outside the organization.
- BS degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level.
Responsibilities/Lead IR daily activities:
- The Emerging Threats Team Lead (Incident Response Manager) would be responsible for a team of 4-8 incident response analysts.
- Effectively work with team to understand and prepare situational awareness reports for program management and federal staff
- Define protocols and mature ‘playbooks’ of operational response to cyber threats
- Respond to cyber incidents, including responding to IR phone calls and emails, and preparing situational awareness reports for DOC, its bureaus, and/or DOC management
- Act as main investigators for potential incidents identified by SOC analysts
- Investigate phishing and self-identified potential cyber threats (phishing emails sent to the CIRT)
- Work with users to analyze, triage, contain, and remediate security incidents
- Track incident managements thoroughly and communicate with end users and senior CIO officials effectively
- Participate regularly in SOC working group sessions, to include idea generation for new content rules for security alerting and reduction of false positives. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies
- Follow documented procedures yet have an eye towards process improvement/effectivity
- Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types
- Able to articulate the incident response lifecycle
- Manages and responds to computer security incidents that involve enterprise systems and data including personally identifiable information (PII) breaches
- Detect, collect and report cybersecurity incidents
- Experience detecting and remediate malicious codes
- Helps improve the overall security posture by independently verifying the security of enterprise systems, and to ensure the timely dissemination of security information to the appropriate stakeholders
- Analyze firewall logs, Full Packet Capture (PCAP), IDS alerts, Anti-malware alerts, Host Intrusion Prevent System (HIPS), and server and application logs to investigate events and incidents for anomalous activity and produce reports of findings
- Conduct reviews and analysis of proxy logs, Microsoft Windows and Active Directory logs, Orchestrator
- Sr IR (Tier III): 7+ years of SOC/IR experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience documenting and tracking incident tickets through standard operating procedures and incident management systems
Desired Qualifications should include:
- Experience/Familiarity with Cyber Kill Chain and/or MITRE ATT&CK Frameworks
- Experience leading technical teams
- Experience driving root cause analysis and feedback loops with other technical teams to increase protection/detection capabilities
- May require on-call rotation for SOC escalation as needed for night/weekends
- Solid understanding of cyber landscape and typical threat vectors
- Must have at least one of the following certification: CEH, CISSP, GIAC Incident Handler or similar industry cert
- Clearance Requirement:
- Must be US Citizen or Green card holder
- Minimum fully adjudicated Secret and Interim Top Secret clearance
- Experience with multiple types of attack types and attack vectors
- Ability to perform deep dive investigations from start to finish of a security incident using data from both host based and network based devices.
- Ability to forensically investigate both Windows and Linux devices for compromise.
- Ability to analyze malicious files through code analysis/reverse engineering.
- Ability to perform introspection of incident for after action reports to both technical and non-technical staff
- Up to date understanding of threat vectors, attacker methodology and how they tie into the cyber kill chain or ATT&CK framework.
- 229,500Specialized Skill Areas: Digital Forensics, Automation/Scripting, SIEM Exposure, Incident response triage, Malware reverse engineering, and Threat hunting
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.