As a Leidos Windows Systems Administrator, you will provide support to the US Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) program.
ACE-IT provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 end users. Our Leidos team designs, engineers and operates a worldwide data network, in addition to providing direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency information technology resources and services at more than 1,500 locations in the continental U.S., Pacific Ocean Division headquarters, Honolulu District and Alaska District. This role will be based onsite in the Sacramento, CA area.
How You Will Make A Difference:
The primary role of the Windows Systems Administrator is to provide systems administrative and technical support to district (including field offices) and division. You will work closely with other members of the team to support Windows servers, Active Directory accounts and groups, Exchange mailboxes, and storage management. As required, you will interact directly with government partners, customers, and Field Operations support personnel and be responsible for additional coordination with other Enterprise Operations teams to meet the needs of the district and division.
- Serve as member of division system administration team providing support for Active Directory (AD) accounts and groups, network storage, servers, and Exchange accounts.
- Primary POC for local servers, storage, network, and telecom outages, projects, and escalation point for Enterprise Operations issues.
- Manage and monitor local server infrastructure to ensure consistent operation.
- Follow documented processes and procedures and monitor ticketing system, district and divisional incidents and requests, and address local Service Delivery requirements.
- Serve as subject matter expert on local servers, storage, network, and telecom needs and issues.
- Escalate local issues to the Leidos Division System Administrator Lead or Windows Systems Manager.
- Active participation in security assessments and audits
- Other duties may include:
- Server, network, and work group server monitoring and management
- Coordinate and work with network administrators to ensure smooth operation
- Provide technical expertise to local government partners and Field Operations personnel.
- Set up of administrator and service accounts
- Maintenance of system documentation
- Tune system performance
- Install system wide software and allocate mass storage space
- Have oversight of installation and backup recovery
- Ensure data network availability
- Write and maintain operational documentation and procedures
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years relevant experience is required.
- Current DoD 8570 Certification, IAT Level II (Comptia Security +CE and 1 qualifying Computing Environment certification; ex. Microsoft MCP certified, Comptia A+).
- Strong analytical and follow through skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
- Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10 and Windows networking infrastructure.
- Active Directory
- Networking Technologies (DNS, DHCP, WINS)
- Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start.
- Additional server or enterprise administration certifications (MCSA, MCSE, equivalent).
- Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience.
- Experience working in a DoD environment.
- Cisco Telephony /Router Solutions.
- Network equipment (Cisco preferred) experience.
- Experience configuring HP, Lexmark, or Ricoh network printers and multi-function devices.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Computer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.