Leidos currently has an opening for a Installation Engineer to support data center operations located at the VA-AITC facility. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission in supporting the mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO). This position will support certain functions at the AITC facility, such as network cabling and the racking/stacking of IT equipment.
Must have prior experience in installing copper/fiber cabling (including terminating) and racking/stacking IT equipment in a data center environment.
- Works under the direction of the VA PM to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results and/or project objectives.
- Responsible for project tasks as assigned within the technical area.
- Responsible for following VA process and procedures within the technical area.
- Executes deployment or decommissioning of simple and complex IT systems and network hardware.
- Efficiently troubleshoot connectivity issues in the data center and/or to telecommunication rooms.
- Document/confirm the current environment and configuration.
- Prepare correspondence, memoranda, reports and related documents as required by ITOPS IO standards or other directives provided by the Government COR/VA PM.
- Prepare reports required for tracking progress as required.
- Adhere to task order specifications and established policies and procedures by reporting any noted discrepancies to the COR, Government VA PM, or management.
- Produce high quality technical documents (technical writing skills).
- Experience with use of ticketing system, such as Service Now.
- Work with various groups – facility groups, IT professionals, project managers and the VA client
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline.
- 5 years of experience.
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Must be able to lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs.; occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing more than 100 lbs.
- Must be able to install IT equipment (servers, storage, switches, etc.) into enclosed cabinets.
- Must be able to pull Ethernet and fiber cables, both overhead and under a raised floor.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to climb and balance (stairs, ladders, scaffolds, etc.).
- Specific vision abilities required – close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust/focus.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance.
- Must be a US citizen.
Experience using Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
Experience using Service Now ticketing system
Experience in a large data center environment
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.