Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Database Administrator in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program. This role requires an active DOD Secret clearance as well as DOD 8570- IAT Level II Certification to qualify.
Location: Washington, DC, Vicksburg, MS, Hillsboro, OR (preferred), full time telework from any U.S. Based Location is also available.
The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers. ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services.
In this role, you will:
- Participate as a member of a team of database administrators that define, and/or oversee database organization, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation.
- Work as an active/hands on member of the the team to help design, and creation of a database environment.
- Assist with the development of applications that provide database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases.
- Supervise the design, and implementation, of databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date.
- Develop and apply procedures for periodic database backup.
- Assist application DBAs/developers and end-users with the resolution of problems related to Oracle, SQL and Sybase database.
- Manage a team of database administrators. Oversees system backups, hardware/software installation and upgrades.
- Establish work and on-call schedules, maintains good order and discipline and ensures all subordinates are properly trained to perform assigned tasks.
- Provide on-site and remote account support to database user populations of multiple community organizations. This includes enabling access to databases; assisting users as they register their certifications, and troubleshooting problems as needed; troubleshooting and interpreting personnel security database records; and maintaining familiarity with multiple community databases.
- Conduct user acceptance testing prior to software releases and fixes to existing software.
- Provide on-site and remote support to users of security portals that are operated at multiple classification levels.
- Conduct simple database/system queries and interpret results.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service in all interactions with customers.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel in support of the community Security Databases Program.
- Masters’ Degree and twelve years’ experience or Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field and ten years’ experience in Database Administration. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must hold a current, unexpired DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification (Security +, GSEC, SCNP, or SSCP.) and corresponding Computing Environment certification.
- Must be able to work rotating shift schedules which provide 24 hour day/7 day week coverage.
- Must have current/active Secret clearance.
- Must have understanding of basic security principles and their application to an Active Directory Environment.
- Customer Service Focused - the ability to deliver sustained high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Analytical thinker, Metrics Driven
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to effectively translate and communicate complex technical information and risk to all levels of internal and external organizations
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability
- Team building, mentoring and coaching skills
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Work well under pressure with differing levels of Management
- Ability to maintain confidential information and communications
- Exposure to other network monitoring systems and IT Service Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.