Depending upon capabilities and desires, candidates may assemble and cable computer based systems, configure components, perform integration testing and validation, and work on system foundation components (such as power management scripts). Other candidates may develop web-based documentation, and perform inventory and configuration tasks. All work is directly applicable to actual military training systems. Co-op students will gain invaluable, real-world experience on state of the art computer based systems. This is a great opportunity for students seeking a 6 month co-op position.
- MUST be Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or a related technical degree, and have at least a 3.2 GPA.
- MUST be available to work a 6 to 12 month co-op.
- U.S. Citizenship and eligibility to obtain a U.S. Government granted security clearance is needed to be considered for employment.
- Candidates must have computer engineering skills (previous experience is desirable but not required) and have had exposure to the Linux operating system. Candidates will be working in a professional environment and contributing to systems that will be used throughout the U.S. Navy. Therefore, candidates must be dedicated to producing quality work results, and must be extremely attentive to detail.
Employment is contingent on receiving an interim Secret clearance.
The following skills are desired but not required:
- Candidates with an active DoD security clearances are strongly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.