Leidos has an immediate opening for Operations F&BO Director, Enterprise & Cyber Solutions in Reston - VA. The Operations F&BO Director is responsible for all aspects of the financial management and reporting of a $1.2B Operation. Supporting the Operations Manager and the Operation’s Leadership Team, the Operations F&BO Director reports directly to the Defense Group CFO and is responsible for the accounting, internal controls, cash flow, budgeting, forecasting and analysis of results of the Operation. The Operations F&BO Director must be a collaborative manager with outstanding leadership skills, and an ability to be a persuasive change agent when change is required. The ability to recruit and motivate a high-performing team is also critical.
The Operations F&BO Director will be a trusted business partner of the Operations Manager and frequently called upon for her/his business judgment and be a “sounding board” for tactical and strategic decisions facing the Operations Manager and the broader team. She/he will frequently sit in for the Operations Manager in leadership meetings, bid reviews and other meetings as the Operations Manager’s delegate. As such, the Operations F&BO Director will be key to driving growth, profitability and cash flow.
The Operations F&BO Director will also directly interface with the corporate accounting, tax and treasury teams and identify and resolve complex financial reporting issues, customer payment issues, and domestic and international financial matters. The Operations F&BO Director will also work closely with Corporate Development in the objective evaluation, due diligence, and integration of acquisition targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting and a minimum of 15 years’ progressive responsibility in diverse finance roles, including accounting, treasury, program financial management, and financial planning and analysis.
- Working knowledge of financial management of overseas operations, including treasury nuances, accounting, and currency hedging.
- Strong knowledge of CAS, FAR, and GAAP.
- Experience in managing large and complex organizations, including teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Exposure to the M&A process, including supporting roles on a transaction team.
- CPA and/or MBA is a plus.
- A natural collaborator who works effectively across functional boundaries to drive and influence positive outcomes for the business.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to persuade without being overbearing. People want to work for this person and enjoy working alongside this person.
- Develops the team. Delegates well and focuses on succession and rotations. Looks to broaden the diversity of the team.
- Demonstrated ability to have tough conversations and deliver constructive feedback. Honest broker and willing to speak “truth to power”. Takes responsibility for being part of solving complex problems as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic. Effective time management skills. Balances work and life needs but can put in the time as needed to meet deadlines.
- Willing to engage with peers in trade groups to learn and advance personal knowledge of the industry.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Operations Finance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.