Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully-integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers. The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
Interested in working alongside a team that helps keep our nation safe as it pertains to travel? We have an immediate need for a Sr. Reliability and Quality Engineer in Tewksbury, MA to help optimize our Leidos Security Products, namely the Compact Advanced Personnel Screening Equipment ProVision 2 to start!
This new leadership role will drive system reliability of Leidos Security Detection & Automation products, which as a result, would reduce significant field issues reported, by our customers and field technicians. In this technical leadership role, you will guide and have accountability to direct efforts with identifying early life and recurrent failures of our systems in the field to improve system reliability. Security Detection & Automation division is the leading supplier of security detection systems with a focus on checkpoint, checked baggage, air cargo and ports & borders security screening systems and we need you to help us continue down this path as we innovate solutions in response to the impacts of COVID-19.
Identify Field Quality Trends
- Develop processes to track performance of fielded security screening products
- In this technical expert role, you will generate, review, analyze data and reports to identify trends and prioritize based on severity, occurrence, safety and/or cost of each failure mode
Establish Reliability Program
- Develop solutions and tools to monitor field product performance, including failure modes, availability and downtime metrics
- Leverage our databases to mine field quality data and identify issues as well as determine if current database systems and tools are adequate to identify the top failure modes in the field
- Design FRACAS process including material movement in support of Failure Analysis globally
- Establish expected results of performance will include developing and driving improvement plans to reduce warranty costs and improve customer satisfaction
Lead Reliability Projects
- Perform root cause and reliability analysis, develop recommendations to execute successful countermeasure and test solutions
- Collaborate with our engineering team to conduct detailed failure analysis and identify root-cause of problems across multiple disciplines (mechanical, electrical, firmware)
- Lead RCA process development and implementation with Third Party Logistics provider, Contract Manufacturer and Parts Suppliers to reduce quality defects in the field and drive Quality Methodology with key providers
- Present technical reports of field investigation results to Engineering, Service and Leadership teams (may also require direct customer engagement)
Successful candidate must have:
- BS engineering degree or equivalent from an accredited university
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience in technical project leadership; will consider upcoming stars with less experience and successful progression in career
- System reliability experience such as Weibull analysis, developing RAM predictions or Failure Analysis
- Process improvement experience
- Strong 8D structured problem solving skills with proven track record of implementing effective corrective actions
- Proficiency with statistical analysis
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and analyze large Quality Datasets and Quality data systems
- Experience with Quality Processes (FAI, NCM, RCA, RMA, etc)
- Strong Program Management skills including ability to design and drive multi-phase improvements across the organization
- Strong leadership skills including ability to influence others
- Independently manage multiple complex tasks and assignments in a fast-paced environment
Considered a strong plus:
- Experience in electro-mechanical systems
- Knowledge of x-ray systems
- Experience with Supplier Quality Management
- Experience with ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- Six Sigma belt certification or skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.