Leidos is seeking a Warehouse Operations Lead for a (U) secure inventory, material handling, and asset management program supporting our partners in the Intelligence Community (IC). As part of a large scale IC program, leverage your expertise to transform the end-to-end supply chain environment using the latest technical innovations to increase efficiency, provide superior service, and exceed partner expectations. This is an incredible opportunity to join our Leidos team! The work will be performed in Sterling, Virginia.
- Oversee the logistics, warehousing, shipping, receiving, delivery and asset management of government property.
- Ensure all staff follow tasking and prioritization provide by the customer and in accordance to the contract.
- Provide the customer with staffing, asset management, risk management plan, safety plan, reports and reviews, value engineering and security requirements.
- Responsible for managing a mid-sized team consisting of experienced warehouse professionals.
- Responsible for leading, directing and reviewing the work of team.
- Provides input to hiring, firing, promotion, performance and rewards decisions for direct reports.
- NO clearance requirement
- Must be knowledgeable in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects, inventory, shipping/receiving and asset management.
- Must have advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of automated logistics management the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- A minimum, Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, or experience managing warehousing and logistics.
- Demonstrated experience with the full life-cycle of customer assets.
- Demonstrated experience organizing, directing, and managing contract operation support functions
- Demonstrated experience reviewing task plans and deliverable items, and effectively execute in accordance with approved plans.
- Demonstrated experience supporting customer projects and experience working with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and coordinating across project teams and components facilitating information sharing, reuse and productivity improvements.
Education & Experience:
- Requires Bachelors Degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in lieu of degree
- Must be able to work with their hands, work on their feet for periods in excess of one hour at time, and be able to conduct repetitive single-man lifts of 30 lbs., and up to 100 lbs. two man-lifts.
- Local 50 mile travel within the DC Metro within a 50 mile range, for up to 25% of the time.
- 2 years related Management experience with procurement/supply chain/ logistics / warehouse management.
- 5 years of experience managing automated inventory tools with a demonstrated understanding of property accountability, inventory database, and shipping and receiving processes
- Basic experience driving Material Handling Equipment (MHE); fort lift, pallet jack, and lifts.
- Willing to apply for a Government Security Clearance.
- A strong understanding of agile development.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.