Leidos has an opportunity for an electrical engineer at a customer site in San Diego, CA to design, develop, test, and support complex ocean sensors and systems. This position requires US citizenship and an active Secret security clearance.
- Develop and implement processes for production of electrical devices, including items such as work orders, manufacturing procedures, and test procedures. Generate and maintain engineering drawings in support of manufacturing. Review and create engineering change orders (ECOs), as required per Leidos and customer processes.
- Develop and execute test and evaluation procedures. Plan, execute, and analyze system/component level performance tests, and manage performance data, to include collecting, storing, analyzing and generating reports.
- Evaluate, select, specify, design, modify, test, and/or integrate sensors, cables, connectors, and power subsystems (including batteries).
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Current/active Secret Security Clearance.
- Familiarity with circuit design tools.
- Experience in Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) design and test including: analog, digital, mixed signal, or Radio Frequency (RF) designs.
- Experienced in operation of electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power supplies, function generators, insulation resistance testers, etc.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Additional years of experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of MATLAB, VISIO, and LTSpice software packages
- Experience with unmanned underwater vehicles (UUVs) and associated electronics/sensors, underwater cables/connectors, control and monitor electronics, power systems, launch and recovery subsystems, and system-to-host interfaces, including acoustic ranging and communications.
- Experience with optics, optical telemetry and electro-optic components.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Consult Emp
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.