Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Our Transportation Solutions Operation delivers cutting-edge research in some of the most exciting technological fields and advances state-of-the-practice solutions in transportation safety. A new era of mobility requires specialized expertise to address paradigm shifts in how we travel and move goods.
We support our customers with:
- Connected and Automated Vehicles
- Aircraft Traffic Planning and Operations
- Human Factors Research
- Analysis, Modeling and Simulation
- Transportation Safety and Operations, and Asset Management
- e-Construction and Accelerated Construction
- Freight Efficiency
- Research Facility Management
Leidos is seeking a Systems Integration and Test Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s En-Route Automation Modernization ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance- Broadcast.
ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
- Development and execution of Test Approaches and Test Procedures to verify System Requirements.
- Perform integration of new hardware and software into the system baseline. Development of Regression Test Procedures to check for new system behavior. Execution of Regression Test Procedures to evaluate system for regression of core capabilities.
- Scenario development to inject flights into the system to mimic realistic and specific air traffic conditions
- Interfacing with the FAA customer to address/answer questions relating to the developed requirements, use cases describing human interactions and design decisions.
- Performing Systems Engineering as needed for the ERAM system. Providing support needed for software development, integration and test, and other functional areas.
- Writing/Editing/Executing/Debugging test productivity tools and other duties as assigned.
- Analyze data in support of customer design requirements, data reduction and analysis of test output.
- Working in a Waterfall development methodology for System Integration & Test.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Off-shift and/or weekend work
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education and less than 2 years of professional experience; or less than 2 years experience with a related Masters degree
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated technical integration skills in prior work performed
- Understanding of Linux, AIX or other UNIX type operating system
- Test or similar technical experience working with complex systems
- Demonstrated success working in a team oriented environment
- Ability to work in a group or independently to ensure team goals are met
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work extended hours, off hours, and weekends (if necessary) to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities along with strong systems integration & test engineering technical skills.
- Integration & Test experience, including proven experience working in complex new development systems and performing hands-on system integration and formal requirements verification.
- Demonstrated understanding of full software development life cycle, with proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements, objectives and test plans/procedures - interfacing with other functional areas (e.g. Software, Hardware, and Systems Engineering)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a team environment. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills - attentive to details.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to personal and corporate excellence, ethical behavior and integrity.
- Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs
- Experience with Linux based systems, including developing and testing large scale SW applications in C++ and Java.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.