Leidos is seeking a Cartographic Analyst (2nd shift) for our Springfield, VA, customer. An ACTIVE TS/SCI clearance level and willingness to obtain a POLY is REQUIRED for consideration.
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise and experience in geography, cartography and Geographic Information Systems (GIS), which includes skill in ArcGIS applications
- Expertise and experience in creating shapefiles, geo-databases, and features. Knowledge of geospatial analysis software suites (GIS commercial software packages such as ArcGIS, ERDAS & SocetSet, including common office software to include spreadsheets, word processing) used by the customer to accomplish its mission
- Knowledge of digital cartography, image processing, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques and digital data formats
- Expertise in research information gathering for the following sources: Primary legal documents that pertain to the delimitation, demarcation and maintenance of the boundary, including textual descriptions, coordinate lists, reports and accompanying maps. Native maps, secondary source maps, historic maps used for extraction and comparison. Mapping imagery for stereo and mono extraction at various resolutions using digital terrain elevation data sets.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Active TS/SCI clearance and willingness to obtain a POLY is REQUIRED
- Experience with utilizing Fledermaus
- Experience utilizing CARIS
- Expertise in preparing source material for digitizing, attribution, digitizing boundaries from georeferenced and ortho-rectified sources, applying projection, datum, and coordinate transformations, georeferencing and ortho-rectifing source materials (maps, imagery) and extracting vectors from stereo imagery or elevation data
- Understanding of customer products such as Controlled Image Base (CIB1), Topographic Line Maps (TLMs), Digital Nautical Charts, Digital Terrain Elevation Data (DTED), Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM), National Technical Means (NTM) including data retrieval and storage
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
A bachelor degree in a field related to the support services may count for up to four years of this experience. A master degree in a field related to the support services may count for up to two additional years of this experience.
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.