The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Business Analyst to support a program for the FDA in Baltimore/Rockville, MD.
The Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs’ (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. These systems continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to analyze and implement advances in technologies that will improve efficiency and performance leading to greater user satisfaction and reducing the cost of operations and maintenance (O&M). Effort is underway to develop state of the art applications that can be used on various platforms and to retire some of the legacy systems with modern and efficient applications. Specific roles & responsibilities for the Business Analyst position include but are not limited to the following: - Lead FDA business owner in understanding the business needs and communicating to a wide range of stakeholders - Lead analysis, development and presentation of requirements based on FDA business and project needs - Collaborate with developers, DBAs and testers and drive software development team in ensuring requirements are implemented correctly and meet customers’ expectations - Ability to identify, evaluate and demonstrate solutions to complex system problems - Actively participate/lead in the discovery/validation/verification process throughout the development life cycle - Actively engage/lead in process improvement initiatives
Specific roles & responsibilities for the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate communication between key stakeholders to ensure concise communication of project requirements to achieve consistent quality deliverables within client expectations.
- Communicate and consult with Project Management, O&M and DME teams to ensure effective project transition, to clearly define project status and to identify areas of improvement within the Operations workflow.
- Proven experience working in complex projects gathering user requirements and converting them into user story and acceptance criteria requirements
- Hands on experience in working with customers to define/optimize their business processes, breaking them down into requirements, and helping define the implementation through available technologies.
- Good understanding of Agile development methodology
- Create/manage requirements in Jira and generate requirement documents
- Design and develop documentation including procedures, process flow diagrams, work instructions, and protocols for processes.
- Collaborate with product IPT team across the various development phases to ensure enhancements/changes are implemented and tested according to requirements
- Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions
- Excellent technical writing, verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives Desired skills Experience with JIRA, Microfocus ALM, PowerPoint, VISIO, SQL Developer and FDA domain knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives.
- Proven experience in multi-tasking and managing efforts to within the schedule. Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8+ years or more of professional experience; or 6+ years of professional experience with a related Master degree. Considered an expert, authority in discipline.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.