Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Leidos Civil NISC III Atlas team is a software solutions group supporting automated aeronautical chart creation and data validation within the FAA. The team is expanding and seeks a Senior System Architect.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing architectural guidance for applications developers; define target platforms, interface designs, development patterns and styles, and development languages and tools to be used.
- Requires proven ability to develop, document , and defend system architectures with executive decision makers and system security managers.
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project
- Prepare briefings on various technologies and present to developers and project managers
- Provide technical expertise in systems architecture, influence development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results; assess feasibility of system plans; establish priorities; and develop and implement plans that adhere to established strategic business and system objectives Requires proven ability to develop, document , and defend system architectures with executive decision makers and system security managers.
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, and network connectivity, other systems interfaces, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs
- Lead development of system prototypes to demonstrate application of design principles
- Mapping of software projects to strategic road-maps
- Provide technical direction to project managers, engineers and designated boards for integrating new technology in applications design and development
- Serve as the subject matter expert within technical domain area to various boards such as the architecture review board, engineering review board, and other working groups
- Identify enterprise services that should be used within the component and also develop strategies for making projects into enterprise services
- Provide complete assessments of the technical characteristics of proposals and alternatives considered in applications design
- Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functions strategy and operations
- Review and assess technical proposals requesting changes or upgrades to existing applications
- Develops solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices
- Monitor industry trends and directions; develop and present substantive technical recommendations to senior management
- Requires a bachelors with 12+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters and 10 + years of experience
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Extensive development in C# desktop application development
- Knowledge and experience with software architectures and complex systems to support product functional / non-functional requirements
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Able to work well in a team setting
- Previous experience working with Geospatial data is desirable
Information Technology: Designing, coding, testing, and debugging software written in C#, VBA 6. Familiarity with WCF client and server implementations as well as WPF MVVM.
Service Industry: Formal training or experience in software development using Agile methodologies. Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management, Change Control, & Requirements tools such as JIRA.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.