Leidos has an exciting and rewarding career opportunity for a Quality Assurance Analyst in Beavercreek, OH, near Wright-Patterson AFB, supporting one of USAF’s Vanguard AFRL programs as the Skyborg System Design Agent (SDA). This position will provide Quality Assurance (QA) support to research and development programs under the oversight of the Defense Quality Engineering & Control Manager.
Your quality assurance expertise will provide life-cycle support from a quality assurance, quality control, audit, inspections, corrective/preventive actions, root cause analysis test monitoring, data analytics and measurements, subcontractor/teammate quality assurance and quality management system implementation. You will be responsible for developing a quality assurance plan and performance measurement plan to support capture activities as well as program execution. You will proactively engage in strategic continuous improvements and lessons learned activities. Quality efforts will include review of subcontractor statement or works, flow-down of customer requirements and review of contract deliverables to help ensure customer requirements satisfaction. Your duties will include ensuring effective implementation and compliance or processes and procedures aligned with ISO 9001, AS9100 to support program execution and mission assurance requirements. Your expertise will provide early identification and issues to prevent problems. This requires a broad understanding of the aspects of software quality assurance. You will also be engage in helping to work on new captures within Airborne Sensors & Analytics Division from a quality assurance perspective.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for performing software quality assurance including requirements analysis, clarification and tracking, testing, verification and validation of autonomous core system solutions
• Identify a set of project-specific characteristics, applicable processes, approved tailoring, and project implementation for each process to create and maintain a Tailored Process Baseline
• Conduct site and program requirement compliance audits to ISO 9001 and AS9100
• Ensure control and compliance of subcontractors to SOW, customer requirement and standards
• Quickly learn and apply new tools and technology as related to the program’s Quality Assurance requirements
• Internally lead effort for site maintaining and sustaining quality AS9100 and ISO 9001 certifications/credentials.
• Proactively address internal and external corrective action requests (CAR), perform detailed root cause analysis, identify containment, preventive and corrective actions
• Actively prepare and brief quality management review data and status quarterly
• Coordinate and/or present weekly, monthly quarterly and annual reports
• Perform continuous improvement activities
• Review, comment and approve deliverable documents
• Provide timely measurements and audit outcomes
• Effectively communicate ideas and information
• Provide support in an extremely fast paced research environment across multiple projects/programs
• Schedule and Conduct Process Compliance and Product Audits
• Conduct final quality analysis of product prior to customer delivery
• Participate in the planning of Quality activities for the program(s)
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum of four (4) years of prior relevant experience; additional work experience, training or certifications may be considered in lieu of degree
• Knowledge of and experience with ISO9001 implementation
• Knowledge of and experience with CMMI Level ML3 or higher implementation
• This position will be co-located at a Leidos facility and an U.S. military installation and requires U.S Citizenship with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance
• Active DoD Secret clearance
• ASQ Certifications (CQA, CQE, CQM, CQP) a plus
• 1-2 years of experience in a QA six sigma, process improvement role
• Extensive experience with ISO 9001: 2015, AS9100, ISO 20000, CMMI-DEV, and/or CMMI-SVC IT requirements
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.