At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
The Leidos Army Intelligence information technology Environment Support (ARIES) program, which is part of the Leidos Defense group, is looking for a Network Administrator to work at Shaw Air Force Base, SC. The ARIES G2 Army MI Enterprise provides IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of Army Military Intelligence Enterprise IT Systems as well as network administration support for an organization comprised mostly of a Microsoft Enterprise software environment residing on multiple networks.
The Network Administrator will be part of a dynamic team supporting US Army Central (ARCENT) G2 customers throughout the ARCENT’s area of responsibility.
In this role, you will:
- Troubleshoot network and connectivity issues with network devices on multiple LANs, and coordinate troubleshooting on Tier 0 WAN circuits to ensure mission critical operations continue across the AOR.
- Assist G2 Systems Service Desk with Tier I & II troubleshooting.
- Perform administration duties for multiple networks including routers, switches, encryption devices, and other related network equipment.
- Develop, propose, and implement network performance & security enhancements, changes, network extensions, and hardware & operating system upgrades.
- Install, configure, maintaining, and troubleshooting Cisco‐based local‐area networks using various encryption devices; document the network (such as with Visio)
- Install, maintain, and/or repair network infrastructure (i.e., Panduit, conduit, and/or terminating CAT5/6 or fiber)
- Advise government customers on COMSEC duties and serve as COMSEC custodian
- Comment on system changes thru Configuration Control Boards (CCB) or similar.
- Maintain required security posture on all network equipment in accordance with DoD and local command mandates and requirements, including updates, STIGs, IOS upgrades, and other basic network security requirements.
- Participate in or lead special projects and day‐to‐day operations, including surging to alternate locations for customer requirements
Security Clearance Requirement: Active TS SCI security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 8140 IAT II IA Baseline Certification, such as Security+|ce or CCNA: Security or higher level of either certification
- Computing Environment certifications including CCNA: R&S or CCDA
- Knowledge of LAN switching, including Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), VLAN Trunk Protocol (VTP), Port Security, Spanning Tree, and Layer 2 and 3 switching configurations.
- Thorough understanding of Layer 3 routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, etc.) and best practices on implementation.
- Experience in installation, configuration, and maintaining encryption devices (KG‐175D, KG-250x, KG-175G, etc.) at network points of presence and to extend networks throughout the local and regional areas, including management via GEM-X.
- Thorough understanding of Cisco WAN, LAN, and Data Center design practices, technologies and implementations.
- Experience with network based monitoring tools (Solarwinds, Whats up Gold, etc).
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco VTC devices and VoIP phones.
- Preferred Computing Environment certs include: CCNP: R&S or CCDP
- Understanding US DoD COMSEC rules, policies, and regulations
- Experience on US military Intelligence networks and/or a service desk in SWA a huge plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.