Leidos has a career opportunity for a Material Control resource in the WMA. The contract will focus on the lifecycle of hardware and software assets ordered by the customer. The candidate will complete parts packaging in accordance with specialized packaging requirements.
The successful candidate will join our Leidos team in a warehouse environment and will focus on supporting the movement of goods as it pertains to assets. This can include scheduling, planning, tracking, shipping and dispositioning of those assets to include the following:
- Managing the stock and inventory of an offsite location that distributes O&M equipment to technical engineers. Responsible for submitting RMA information and tracking equipment returns and allocation.
- Fabrication of shipping labels, ensuring proper format and shipping address accuracy.
- Coordinate special shipping requirements as necessary.
- Document and maintain accurate shipping activity files.
- Provide daily shipping and billing summaries to program administration.
- Perform periodic inventory of shipping material to ensure adequate quantities on hand.
- Perform applicable data entry to the existing CDLS automated Logistics Database.
- Perform preliminary package inspection for any apparent external damage and notify shipper at time of delivery if damage is detected.
- Verify and note received packages for shipment type (Purchase Order or Field parts returned for repair. For Purchase Order items, verify the Purchase Order document to the part actually received and then notify ordering individual of the received parts. Update and maintain the department receiving files.
- Maintain the warehouse physical organization and cleanliness.
- Support periodic warehouse inventory activities. Interface with management to resolve any problems or discrepancies that may arise with orders.
- Develop a level of expertise via cross training of coworker functions to fill in for position absences. Must have the physical ability to lift forty pounds.
- Responsible for leading operations within an area.
- Responsible for training, delegating and reviewing the work of employees in entire work stream
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience with the full life cycle of customer assets.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization.
- Demonstrated experience meeting with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items, and effectively execute in accordance with approved plans.
- Demonstrated experience supporting customer projects and experience working with competing priorities.
- Experience with customer property processes.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and coordinating across project teams and components facilitating information sharing, reuse and productivity improvements.
- Ability to lift 40 Pounds.
- Previous Warehouse Experience
- Demonstrated Self-Starter
- Operate Fork Lift
- General Computer Skills FedEx On-Site Power Ship Exp.
- Microsoft Access Experience
- Knowledge of OSHA Standards
- Inventory Control & Management Specialized training in specific aspects of job functions and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned tasks
- OSHA Certification (current or expired)
- Bachelors Degree in Logistics Management or related field
- Completion of the Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS) courses
- RESM 1510 – Property Accountability Awareness Training
- RESM 2530 - Property Accounting For Property Officers
- RESM 2550 – DPAS Training
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Material Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.