Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will be proud to say you work with Leidos because not only do we treat our employees like an important part of our business, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support and more! If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group in has an Instructional Designer/Technical Trainer opportunity on our large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large collection systems. The work being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
The Instructional Designer/Trainer will provide our customer with training support necessary to develop, present and maintain course materials, classroom instructions and support documentation for both instructor and computer/web based training to include, but not limited to presentations, blogs, training manuals, processes and procedures, guides, meeting minutes, etc.
- Develop SOP (How-To) Confluence Pages to teach processes (successful candidate will research to find information necessary to develop those SOPs)
- Develop slide decks for training briefs
- Web Page Design
- Organize Confluence Pages to better direct people to the information they need
- QC documents / Pages / Briefs
- Maintain Operations Call In Procedures and Contact Directory
- Develop Instructional Aids to depict Processes
- Coordinate Logistics associated with Partner Training (25%)
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
- Write in a clear, concise and complete manner
- Proficiency in basic grammar skills (grammar, punctuation, spelling, usage)
- Be able to convey information for appropriate audience
- Editing Skills
- Formal Writing Style
- Basic understanding of government classification rules
- Research technical information
- Computer savvy
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, JIRA & Confluence
- Ability to take screen shots off system user interfaces
Instructional Design Skills
- Develop instructional aids
- Illustration skills
- Formatting skills, layout and design
- Organizational skills, consolidating information
- Flexible to deliverable refinement
- Adaptable to priority restructuring
- Work independently
- Detailed oriented
- Motivated and ambitious
- Bachelors Degree and 5 or more years directly related experience. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered on a case by case basis
A minimum of 5 years of electrical engineering or computer science experience that demonstrates a working knowledge of basic electronics, SIGINT systems, and computer systems.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a trainer in the fields of electronic systems operation, electronic equipment maintenance, software maintenance, or SIGINT tools, including conducting operations and engineering-level courses
- Experience should include designing and developing instructor-led and/or web-based training courses and associated materials, including slides, diagrams, student guides, practical activities, and assessments
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.