The Leidos Intelligence and Solutions Division is seeking a Forensic Data Loader/System Administrator with a TS/SCI Polygraph security clearance in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide technical support to the SIGINT Forensics Center (SFC), Strategic Technology and Advanced Concepts (STAAC) Division. Support shall include loading data from various computer media into the SFC's local storage system; entering background data in the SFC's internal database; and initiating automated processing scripts.
• Initiate Forensics processing scripts (run via Linux command line)
• Input and/or update background data in the internal SFC tracking database
• Initiate automated processing for SFC tracking database
• Copy images from a server to local storage
• Troubleshoot and communicate with customers if data is corrupted or incompatible
• Most work is during core business hours of normal business days; after hours surge efforts and on-call efforts.
• Performs research on current and future technology trends
• Identifies and analyzes new technologies and methods to assist near-term and medium-term Strategic technology development Initiatives
Bachelor's Degree and 8-12 years of Systems Administration experience, with preferably 5+ years of experience with systems administration in a Linux environment. The candidate shall have technical experience/knowledge of shell script development and debugging, VMWare and/or virtual box, backup methods and backup formats. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Candidate must meet all qualifications associated with Sections C3,T1. And C3.T2. of DoD Directive 8570.01-M entitled “Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program.” by February 6, 2019.
IAT 1 Certification Required
• Experience using Linux command line interface
• Understanding of file systems (concept of files/folders/symbolic links/permissions, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_Hierarchy_Standard, commands like “file” + “mount”, what is FAT/NTFS/etc)
• Able to write basic shell scripts (e.g. bash, csh, etc), (create some variables, pass them as parameters to system commands and PERL scripts)
• Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communications skill
• Must demonstrate the ability to work independently or under general direction
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.