The Defense Group at Leidos has a career opportunity for a Secure Voice Specialist in support of the AFNCR IT Services program.
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E). The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
- Order telephone services consisting of equipment installations, moves, adds, changes, fault isolation, limited external maintenance, equipment configuration, software updates, and customer training.
- Deploy, configure, and replace AFNCR secure telephones consisting of vIPer, Secure Terminal Equipment (STE), Secure Fax, Voice over Secure Internet Protocol (VoSIP), Top Secret Voice over Internet Protocol (TSVoIP), Iridium 9575A handset w/Iridium Security Module, and any developing secure voice technologies.
- Provide secure telephone services supporting up to 1000 STE/vIPer phones throughout the AFNCR.
- Experience performing Secure Voice Responsible Officer (SVRO) duties and assisting external SVRO's with key loading/programming of secure voice equipment when requested by thecustomer.
- Manage service requests and issue, track, and recover assets in support of the Government Emergency Telecommunication Service (GETS) and Wireless Priority Services in support of the National Communications System (NCS) for priority calling cards.
- Experience with BMC Remedy IT Service Management for incident/requirement tracking purposes.
- Requires a Bachelors degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters degree and 2+ years of experiene, additional years of experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance or higher.
- Prior Voice AFNCR IT Services program experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience of Avaya VoIP Phones
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable discussing technical information with users and other support personnel.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as an integral member of a team.
AFNCR IT Services
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.