Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Leidos is a global leader in the integration and application of information, technology and systems working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the civil, health, defense, intelligence and homeland security markets. The company's 37,000 diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers in 30 countries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11 billion for the fiscal year ended January, 2019. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Our Transportation Solutions Operation delivers cutting-edge research in some of the most exciting technological fields and advances state-of-the-practice solutions in transportation safety. A new era of mobility requires specialized expertise to address paradigm shifts in how we travel and move goods.
We support our customers with:
- Connected and Automated Vehicles
- Aircraft Traffic Planning and Operations
- Human Factors Research
- Analysis, Modeling and Simulation
- Transportation Safety and Operations, and Asset Management
- e-Construction and Accelerated Construction
- Freight Efficiency
- Research Facility Management
The En Route Display Management (EDSM) software module is home to the following areas: Radar Position Displays, D-position Views, A-Position Support, Specialist Displays, Commands, Data Synchronization and Settings, Flight Strip Printing and Toolbar Management. EDSM provides Air Traffic Controllers with a real-time display which provides a graphical view of the current air traffic situation, including aircraft position (targets), flight information (data blocks), strobes, radar weather, Next-Generation Weather Radar (NEXRAD), geographical maps and other information.
- This is an Software Engineering Intern position with Leidos / Transportation and Financial Solutions business unit.
- Specifically you will be working on teams responsible for developing and maintaining the FAA air traffic control software.
- The environment is object oriented (primarily C++/Java), or C language on a UNIX/Linux platform.
- Seeking applicants with Computer Science/Software Engineering background and interest.
- Design, develop, document, test and debug software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems.
- Apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development life cycle.
- Familiarity with UNIX, ANSI C/C++ (including POSIX), networking, multi-threaded programming and Linux/GNU or equivalent development and debugging environment beneficial.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Candidates must be enrolled in a degree program in a relevant discipline.
- Familiarity with the following: Linux/UNIX C/C++ Java Scripting languages (PERL, C#)
- Excellent written/verbal skills.
Your GPA needs to be included on your application and resume.
US Citizenship Requirements
Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.