Leidos is hiring a PL/SQL and Linux Developer for our SSA ITSSC II program in Baltimore, MD. You will support the Social Security Administration with its Oracle data warehouses, applications that use the Oracle databases, and any improvements to the aforementioned.
Day to Day Duties:
- Monitoring and troubleshooting daily production jobs and job failures.
- Coordinate with various other teams to resolve production job failures.
- Managing applications on the Oracle Virtual Machine (OVM).
- Rewriting existing Oracle PL/SQL scripts in Postgres SQL to use in Greenplum database.
- Conducting studies/pilots associated with ASG-Rochade, Tableau, Informatica, and Greenplum, and/or other metadata tools.
- Development of user documentation and guidelines.
- Development of presentation material.
- Occasional weekend support may be required for releases and upgrades.
Key Required Skills:
- PL/SQL, Linux, Oracle 12c
- BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience
- Understanding the existing Oracle 12c data models, existing PL/SQL and Linux scripts, and fix the code with Oracle Data warehouse standards.
- Understanding the db2 data models and JCL Programs.
- Proficiency writing scripts using Oracle PL/SQL and Linux scripting.
- Proficient experience with Legacy Data warehouse projects.
- Proficient experience with SQL, TkProf, SQL Loader, Packages, triggers, Materialized Views, UTL file and external tables.
- Working knowledge with Control-M or any job scheduling tools.
- Working knowledge of BitBucket and migrating scripts to the various SDLC environments.
- Hands on experience with data warehouse/business intelligence reporting environment. Knowledge in both client-server and mainframe-based systems and the connectivity/infrastructure requirements to support, design, develop and implement such systems.
- Knowledge of Real Application Clusters (RAC).
- Experience working with enterprise data warehouses.
- Knowledge of Management Information (MI)
- Hands on Experience with Oracle DBA skills (schema and database analyze, full back up, resource allocation and trouble shooting skills).
- Working knowledge of BI Reporting Tools.
- Hands on experience of PostgreSQL.
- Hands on experience of Greenplum database.
- Hands on experience with data analysis.
- Hands on experience connecting to, and working in, the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud server environment.
- Experience with working with Federal Government clients.
- Programming skills and proficiency using Tableau, and/or WebFOCUS 8.
- Development experience in delivering Informatica ETL/database/programming solutions in a data warehouse environment with multiple data marts using associated tools.
- Familiarity with ASG-Rochade metadata software.
- Experience working with Hadoop and accessing HIVE tables is a plus.
- Experience in cold fusion programing skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.