Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Full Stack Python/Java Developer to provide Agile DevOps support to mission critical systems. As a Full Stack Python/Java Developer on this program, you will have the opportunity to build strong systems and software utilizing cloud capabilities and Agile experience to support a complex program. Based in DevOps framework, you will participate in and/or direct major deliverables throughout all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. This role calls for extensive development using Python and Java.
- Developing and directing software system validation and testing methods using Junit and Katalon
- Develop and integrate custom developed software solutions to leverage automated deployment technologies
- Develop, prototype and deploy solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services
- Coordinate closely with team members, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to ensure User Story alignment and implementation to customer use cases
- Analyze (through proof of concept, performance, and end-to-end testing) and effectively coordinate
- Infrastructure needs driven by developed software to meet customer mission needs
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices
- Use industry leading DevOps tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Unix bash scripting
- Document and Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Leverage Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities
- Apply and identify best practices and standard operating procedures
- Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers.
- In-depth experience with Python, Java and data processing, manipulation or querying (SQL or NoSQL)
- Proficient with common Agile practices, service-orientated environments, and development practices
- In-depth experience in the software development lifecycle, with experience delivering within DevOps toolsets/practices
- Direct experience utilizing software testing performance tools, such as Junit
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Bash
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and tempo
- Experience with development in Commercial Cloud Platforms (ex, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience with development leveraging cloud data services (ex: S3, RDS, EFS)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- BS with 8-12 years relevant experience or a Masters with 6-10 years relevant experience.
- Experience with tools like Git, Jenkins, Unix bash scripting
- Experience developing in or deploying to AWS
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.