The Intelligence Group within Leidos is seeking a Senior Embedded Developer to help lead the Team that designs and develops custom software cyber tools and techniques for operational use.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or applicable engineering field and minimum 15 years of relevant Information Technology experience. MS Degree Preferred;
- 15+ years of experience programming in Assembly, C, C++, Java, Perl, and Python;
- 15+ years of experience developing Windows applications using Visual Studio or .NET environments OR 15+ years or experience developing UNIX applications using make files or comparable build environments (or a combination of both)
- 5+ years of experience managing and supervising teams in support of cyber capability development;
- 10 years of experience with programming cyber tools and techniques;
- Demonstrated ability to setup and configure version control software (i.e. Subversion, CVS, etc.);
- 5+ years of experience programming techniques to evade host and/or network-based intrusion detection systems;
- 5+ years of experience developing programs to capture, analyze, and interpret raw network traffic;
- 5+ years of experience in network sockets programming including developing packet-level programs, expert packet-level understanding of IP, TCP, and application-level protocols;
- 5+ years of experience developing packet-level programs Expert packet-level understanding of IP, TCP, and application-level protocols;
- Demonstrated expert ability in UNIX and/or Windows low-level internals including, but not limited to, the OS runtime linker/loader, object file formats (e.g. PE, COFF, ELF), file system internals (e.g. NTFS, ext2, btrfs), OS-specific mandatory and discretionary access control mechanisms, and process and thread APIs and data structures;
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience programming device drivers in Windows and/or UNIX variants.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security Research and Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.