Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Accrue 3 weeks of PTO during your first year
- Get ten paid holidays a year
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance
- The potential to work from home during COVID-19
- Employee discounts
- Company HSA contribution
- Excellent 401K
Leidos is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Saxton Lab team! The Administrative Assistant will be a key part of the Leidos team supporting connected vehicle research at the FHWA Turner Fairbank Highway Research Center in McLean, VA. The successful candidate will be part of a Laboratory Operations team for a program that advances connected and automated vehicle technologies for the FHWA via developing, testing, and demonstrating new capabilities associated with vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication. Our ideal Administrative Assistant is motivated by variety, efficiency, self-teaching, and taking ownership of problems until their resolution.
The Administrative Assistant will support the organization in a variety of day–to-day operations and administrative tasks. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is seeking a front row seat to a fast-paced research environment and wants to grow their office/administrative skills. The ideal candidate is well organized, detailed, and has a passion for technology and smart solutions. A strong candidate will have a background in an administrative role that demonstrates ability to see connections across topic areas as well as have the ability to generate formal output based on bullet points or in collaboration with topic area experts.
Location: McLean, VA – 5 days a week
This position provides diverse job functions, including but not limited to:
- Efficiently execute administrative tasks in an on-site customer Research and Development (R&D) Lab and office environment as well as remotely from a home office when the site is unavailable.
- Support Project Managers with documentation requirements.
- Support the Lab Manager in maintaining the office environment and testbed facilities.
- Support the Communications and Marketing team with data collection and presentation support.
- Support a variety of technical projects.
- Equipment and lab supplies procurement and associated financial adjudication.
- Coordination of archival records (e.g., past deliverables, calendars, schedules, etc.)
- Handle telephone contacts (both inbound and outbound) about the program in a professional manner.
- Manage and maintain Leidos SharePoint and team collaboration tools.
- Track and report program activities.
- Work on assignments that are routine in nature while also developing solutions to improve efficiency and performance.
- Must be willing to learn technical topics, and work in a Technical Research environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1 year of experience in an office environment, or High School diploma with 4 years of progressively challenging office experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience with SharePoint or other similar cloud-based team collaboration tools.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass DMV background check
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
- Enjoys multi-tasking, diverse work, and quick completion.
- Ability to support lab manager in maintaining clean equipment and facilities.
- Ability to see connections among disparate information sources, manage interdependencies, and foresee and mitigate potential issues and scheduling conflicts.
- Desire to learn and grow, and an ability to self-teach with minimal guidance.
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work well under deadlines and changes.
- Must be detail oriented with ability to enter data with small amount of errors.
Extra Consideration given for:
- Prior experience in government contracting.
- Passion for science and technology.
- Prior experience supporting and working on Proposal teams.
- Familiarity with business development operations.
- Advanced MS Office utilities and computer skills such as VBA Coding
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.