Leidos currently has an opening for a Help Desk Specialist to work in our Edgewood, MD office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to support an End User Customer Support program.
In this mission we provide Tier 1 Help Desk Support. All support is provided via phone, and the help desk specialist will troubleshoot access issues such as password resets and VPN. The help desk specialist will be responsible for logging all calls in the ticketing system and escalating issues to the next level when needed.
- Provides Help/Service Desk support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves problems.
- Ability to diagnose data communications problems.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests.
- Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Coordinates cross-tier integration to ensure consistent and repeatable processes.
- Helps drive decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations' effective achievement of objectives.
- Relies on instructions, pre-established guidelines and experience to perform the functions of the job.
- Ability to document accurate customer details.
- Ability to research and/or contact sources for information to respond to customer needs.
- Ability to learn customer support essentials to provide Tier 1 level support to customers.
- Ability to provide timely Tier 1 customer support.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 1+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Proven active listening skills that enables the ability to understand the customer interests and requests.
- Working knowledge of Remedy and RemedyForce
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Service
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.