Leidos is seeking a Software Tester who will be part of a test team with opportunities to test different products, such as databases, web applications, websites, charts, maps and reports. The testing will include both manual and automated testing.
The candidate will provide testing support for all software applications tiers including front-end functional testing, middle-tier testing of web services. In addition, the candidate is expected to perform regression and integration/acceptance testing in an agile development environment. Candidate may also participate in requirements reviews to provide feedback on requirements and to ensure that functional requirements are testable and adequately documented to drive the test process.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Designing test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications
- Estimating test case writing and execution effort and keeping track of own progress
- Test case authoring and holding test case reviews with stakeholders
- Execution of test cases including functional, regression, smoke tests for both web applications and database
- Reporting defects, tracking, validating and closing
- Recording test results and reporting them
- Identifying regression test candidates for automation and automating those test cases
- Participation in daily scrum meetings and weekly test team meetings
- Participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection
- Install, maintain, or use software testing programs
- Supporting our metrics program by keeping track and metrics on all activities
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience performing as a software tester
- Experience in drafting test plan and test cases
- Working knowledge of test automation
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile-Scrum development methodology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- US Citizenship or US Person (Green Card Holder) is required and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance to get a Health and Human Services / Health Resources and Services Administration badge
- ISTQB Certified Tester
- Experience in using JIRA and/or Zephyr
- Experience with test automation using Selenium
- Experience in Database Testing
- Experience with SharePoint 2010/2013
- Experience with 508 compliance testing
- Experience working in public health and federal contracting
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.