Leidos is looking for an experienced Sr GIS Engineer wanting to join a tight knit team who appreciates your contributions and efforts! Bring your desire to learn and work with a team interested in growing your skills!
- Serve as the ESRI ArcGIS Subject Matter Expert (SME) who directly participates in the engineering, design, implementation, modifications and training within the Customer’s production ArcGIS environment (ArcGIS Enterprise Architecture: ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Web Adaptor, ArcGIS Data Store, ArcGIS GeoEvent Server, ArcGIS Geo-Analytics Server)
- Provide direct GIS development and product support via ESRI ArcGIS Desktop software (ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro) and within an ArcGIS Enterprise architecture to portal-based ArcGIS applications, base maps and geo-processing services
- Experience in providing an analysis of information and data requirements to formulate an efficient approach to the processing and storage of enterprise spatial data, required to support the operational mission
- Provide development and product enhancement support to ArcGIS data creation, geodatabase editing, and spatial data maintenance for portal-based and desktop ArcGIS applications
- Work with intelligence analysts to ascertain analytical workflows, business requirements, and to train personnel in the use of GIS technology solutions
- Provide support to data capturing and conversion of GIS data for all GIS activities
- Provide tailored software tools and applications to enable analysts to process, analyze, visualize and interact with data and information resident within the system
- Perform complex GIS analyses with a variety of data formats, Shape Files, Personal Geodatabases, Third-Party data sources (SQL Server, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Work as part of the GIS team to develop distributed products via web-based technology and desktop software
- Support application development utilizing various programming languages
- Support development of SOAP and REST Web Services.
- May supervise 1 or more teammates as GIS department expands to support a growing customer base
- Requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Must have current TS/SCI
- GEOINT Analytic Certification from an NGA accredited source is a plus
- Working experience with ArcGIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS management tools
- Working experience in writing and utilizing ArcGIS Server Scripting language and Model Builder
- Expert utilization of the entire suite of ESRI GIS software including extensions (Network Analyst, Spatial Analyst, etc) to perform high-level analysis to support various mapping projects and web-based and desktop applications
- Expertise in performing Python Scripting and Model Builder services needed to support web-based and desktop applications
- Expert utilization of ArcGIS Server management tools to deploy and manage users, map and web services
- Windows Operating Systems environment experience
- Knowledge of industry-standard data models
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Geographic Information Systems
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.