The Defense Group, Airborne Solutions Operation at Leidos currently has an opening for an Aviation Quality Assurance Engineer to work in our Bridgewater, VA office within the QRC Airborne ISR Systems Division. We integrate, man, deploy, and maintain FAA certified aircraft for various CONUS and OCONUS operations in support of DOD and other agencies/partners. As an Aviation Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be expected ensure compliance to the Leidos Enterprise Processes, AS9100 requirements, and DCMA 82.10.1C requirements across several programs. This will require the implementation inspections, audits, and assessments. This will also require creation of quality plans and procedures.
- Duties will include documenting of inspection results, non-conformances, corrective actions and preventive actions and performing data analytics.
- Perform audits and inspections in accordance with AS9100 and 8210.1C
- Ensuring quality standards to maintain ISO 9100/9110 certifications
- Ensure Leidos policies and procedures, FAA regulations and customer requirements are being met
- Generate Corrective Action Requests (CAR) and work with personnel to address
- Work with teams to conduct Root Cause Analysis
- Provide inputs to weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to higher level quality management
- Deployment and implementation of appropriate QMS processes;
- Implementing audit practices for internal processes and products
- Document and track inspection metrics and perform data analytics
- Travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations as required for program support and/or audits
- Provide support to new business development
- Bachelor’s Degree and four (4) years of prior relevant experience; additional years of relevant direct experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience working in aviation programs in support of defense contracts under DCMA INST 8210.1 / AR 95-20 requirements
- Must have a DoD Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI
- Ability to understand, review and approve aviation program manuals, forms, and records.
- Must be a US Citizen and have a valid passport and be willing and able to travel to both CONUS and OCONUS locations as needed (OCONUS travel may include Hardship & Hazardous locations)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain credentials to access military installations.
- Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office products.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- FAA Inspection Authorization (IA)
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.