Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking a Virtualization Engineer to join our team in Fort Meade, MD. You must currently hold DOD 8570 IAT II certification to qualify.
Clearance: You must hold and maintain an active U.S. DOD Top Secret Clearance to qualify for this position. Those with interim Top Secret status will also be considered. U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Work with Architecture and Engineering team to determine requirements for a VDI environment to then be deployed on premises
• Prioritize and troubleshoot issues related to performance, authentication, and access in a cross-platform environment
• Work closely with the SME's and Application owners on process and availability of infrastructure services
• Create and modify processes and technical documentation that consists of deployment, patching, test and validation along with performance and resource reports on a regular basis.
• Coordinate through Engineering Review Boards the Plan and Schedule for the patch release of software and operating system updates as required
• Integrate and develop solutions in Multi-Enclave Client environment
• Communicate with colleagues across multiple areas throughout the team
• Capture technical issues from our customers and create solutions to the team be successful in our support service offering
• Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Network Engineering, Math). Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
• A minimum of eight (8) years of direct experience, in the last ten years in IT field
• Active, in-scope US Government issued Secret/SSBI clearance
• Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (Security+ce, CCNA Security, etc.)
• Technical Certification in area of expertise
• Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required
• VCP certification
• Experience with MS server 2008 and newer; MS Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Office SQL 2005 and newer, IIS 6.0 and newer, VMWare, VMWare View and Windows 7 and newer
• Experience with ThinApp technology
• Experience with Micro-segmentation, as it pertains to virtual desktop infrastructures
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.