Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking a Operating Systems and Applications Engineer to join our team in Tampa, FL.
Clearance: You must hold and maintain an active U.S. DOD Secret Clearance to qualify for this position. U.S. Citizenship is required.
This position will contribute to the overall engineering, design, build, implementation/integration and operations support of all existing and new Infrastructure. Your responsibilities will include:
• With minimum guidance provides top-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis.
• Formulates and defines specifications for operating system applications or modifies and maintains existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer
• Interacts with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction
• Manages all messaging systems, Windows Server Enterprise by performing server builds, virtual machine management, server maintenance, etc.
• Installs, maintains, and monitors equipment, which may include network and server infrastructure, application systems and database systems
• Recommends and implements changes to the overall system and messaging environments through following an institutionalized change management process
• Acts as an escalation point on critical issues for various internal technology groups
• Supports existing Windows Environment, including AD, NTP, Email, and other standard Windows Server Services.
Bachelors degree in a related field OR relevant industry experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Twelve (12) years direct experience in the last fifteen years designing, supporting, maintaining, troubleshooting, and administering Windows Enterprise Services (Servers, email (Exchange), instant messaging (Lync, Tactical Chat Server, OpenFire), Web Services (SharePoint)
Current/Unexpired DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
Experience in implementing and troubleshooting:
vCenter and Virtual Machines
Virtual Networking configurations
Hypervisor and Virtual Machine Storage
anti-spam, encryption and email tracking
transport rules and e-discovery
Windows, including but not limited to Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy
Public and Private Key services (Design and Implementation)
Experience with the following:
- Powershell scripts for administration/automation
- VMware Operations Manager, LogInsight,
- VBScript, Python, etc.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.