Leidos is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team in Oklahoma City, OK to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) at the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following requirements:
- Understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its reporting goals
- Research, plan, recommend and implement dashboards and data visualization in Tableau to meet the organization's business requirements
- Support the Business Intelligence/Analytics data analyst with the understanding of business and data requirements, and iteratively designing visualizations for initial concepts and prototypes that can be presented to customers for feedback
- Design and create data visualizations (reports and dashboards) in tableau to support customer requirements
- Build and published customized interactive Tableau reports and dashboards along with data refresh scheduling using Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
- Create Tableau Scorecards, Dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, line/pie graphs, and Gantt charts
- Perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples)
- Defines, executes and interpret complex/nested SQL queries
- Establish standards and best practices for dashboards and related technologies
- Manage a repository of re-usable data visualization templates and views
- Support Activities to document, evolve, and communicate artifacts developed using Tableau
- Building prototypes for demonstration and illustration purposes
- Supporting peers and stakeholders as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) through troubleshooting and analysis of results
- Looking for opportunities to improve current processes or find efficiencies by applying industry best practices
- Maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction through the implementation, investigation, analysis, training and relationship building efforts
- Clearly communicating and driving discussions on data and insights, context, and implications with business stakeholders
- Documenting and communicating technical specifications to ensure that proper and optimized techniques, queries, and final deliverables are understood and incorporated into data and analytics processes.
- Creates effective Business Intelligence (BI) solutions and analytical dashboards / analytical tools for business users in Tableau.
- Draws upon a full range of Tableau features to design, develop, enhance and support Tableau visualizations including, but not limited to, highly interactive dashboards, scorecards and reports.
- Serves as an Expert developer of Tableau visualizations.
- Effectively utilizes features and Best Practices of Tableau and visual analytics to maximize impact and utility of visualization products.
- Aid in developing style guide for development of visualizations, design of components, naming of items, data source creation and naming.
- Experience analyzing complex data sets and creating dashboards and visualization to find trends and patterns in data.
- Experience with statistical analysis.
- Requires strong SQL development skills – writing complex queries and stored procedures – SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering or equivalent
- 5 + years’ experience in Business Intelligence and Relational Database Management System (RDMS)
- 3+ years’ experience as Tableau developer
- Strong understanding of Software development lifecycle
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Solid understanding of Agile Project Management methodologies
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.