The Leidos Corporate Tax Department is seeking a Tax Accountant to join our team of tax professionals supporting our Corporate Office located in Reston, VA. This position will report to the International Tax Manager.
- Analyze and reconcile various income tax accounts on a monthly basis
- Support Corporate Tax Department with various accounting and tax compliance filing obligations
- Gather and analyze data from various systems (general ledger, contracts, etc.) to provide to third party tax preparers
- Coordinate with Corporate Accounting and external service providers to prepare foreign income tax filings, including extensions and estimates throughout the year
- Review various foreign income tax returns prepared by external service providers
- Maintain calendar of foreign income tax filings
- Process foreign tax payments and obtain officer signatures for necessary tax filings
- Assist in responding to foreign income tax notices and audit inquiries
- Assist with quarterly foreign tax provision responsibilities
- Perform annual transfer pricing analysis calculation
- Assist with ad hoc projects, such as maintaining tax exemption certificates in various foreign jurisdictions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field and 2-4 years of experience in Accounting. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior experience should include at least one (1) year of experience in Corporate or Public Accounting
- Exceptional project management skills are required, with proactive process improvement experience.
- Strong accounting skills, including demonstrated ability in account reconciliations
- Strong computer and technology skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Must be flexible with strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Must have ability to prioritize workload in order to meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have a strong attention to detail, yet understand and apply the degree of accuracy necessary for the task at hand
- Must be comfortable with virtual communications and working with geographically disparate groups
- Must be organized and demonstrate ability to complete complex tasks and projects requiring independent initiative
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint and Hyperion (or similar systems) are a plus
- Energetic and have a high sense of urgency while working on projects
- A quick learner who is willing to take on new challenges and roles
- A high level of confidence, detail orientation, integrity, self-motivation, and a hands-on approach to problem solving
- Self-starter, creative, team player, and positive attitude
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.