Leidos is seeking qualified, creative, and customer-focused technical and non-technical personnel to provide operations support for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), located in Rockville, MD. They will be the primary POC and responsible for providing GLINDA EUCS operational desk-side support tasks and activities for Break/Fix; Moves; the Win10 Hardware Refresh of every device across the NRC. Each candidate position shall provide technical and non-technical support providing break/fix support to Win7 devices and deploying Windows10 desktop and laptop devices to NRC end users. Each candidate should be familiar in conducting non-disruptive desk-side support for Win7 and Windows 10 configured hardware devices for every NRC end users using a specified break/fix and deployment process. Use knowledge of MS Office Suite, Remedy, and tools specifically used to support the deployment of these devices is desired. For example, familiarity with Remedy will aid in deploying the hardware devices, ticket processing, and updating the CMDB to capture the change. Excellent analytical and organizational skills preferred. Candidates must be comfortable with communicating with end users and providing status to Leidos and NRC representatives and able to take and execute direction on a tight schedule. Some travel may be required depending on the site supported.
- Desk-side support for any user where a ticket has been created and assigned as dispatched from the CSC. Support occasional walk-up support as needed.
- Stage devices (phones and computers) in preparation for deploying them to the users. Staging will include:
- Install OS
- Rename computer
- Join Domain
- Install software as per onboarding form
- Break/Fix support for end-user computer devices
- Deployment and retrieval of new end-user devices to end users, including a brief tutorial to familiarize the user with the device
- Install specialty software which is not packaged in SCCM (software installed in small quantities)
- Order parts to repair hardware, with approval leadership.
- PIN PIV Resets utilizing security solutions
- Wipe and sanitize retrieved device for final disposition
- Update all required Remedy ticket, CMDB, and any other system information in an accurate, consistent, and timely manner
- Provide IT move support to users from one location to another
- Other deskside services related tasks as assigned
- HS diploma and 3 years experience.
- Experience preparing and deploying Dell Laptop and Desktop Devices with a Windows 10 or Windows 7 Image to end users, including a brief tutorial to familiarize the user with the device
- Experience using and loading a Windows 10 and Windows 7 created image
- Experience migrating information from a Windows 7 device to a Windows 10 device
- Excellent customer communication skills
- Experience using the Remedy 8 and 9 driven ticketing systems and providing deskside support for any user where a ticket has been dispatched from the Service Desk
- Break/Fix support for end-user computer devices
- Knowledge in peripheral (i.e. printers; external HD’s; etc.) installation and connectivity to deployed devices desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work quickly, accurately, and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Must be highly organized, proactive, and collaborative.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and be flexible and agile to meet quick turnarounds and hard deadlines.
- Knowledge with other tools and techniques specific to this service area to efficiently conduct the transition of current data, information, and knowledge.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance through the NRC.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.