Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Chief Mission Data officer to provide mission critical system support to our customer. This position requires an experienced business mission expert who oversees that data collections are appropriately maintained, that collection owner’s equities are maintained and leveraged, and that new data collections are sought and evaluated. Unlike the Chief Data Scientist, the CMDO ensures that new needs are meet, identified gaps in collection can be bridged and output can be leveraged widely throughout the IC as part of the wider mission sharing initiatives. This is a senior level position that assists in the liaison between outside agencies and internal stakeholders to enhance and optimize data availability and usage.
This role is responsible for providing technical leadership and for delivering an innovative data product, service or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific business problem.
- Works across the program to de-conflict and synchronize data related efforts.
- Advocates for Mission data and compliance priorities with the teams, CMs and PMs.
- Represents the program in User Groups and other data related conferences, meetings, and forums.
- Drafts, staffs, publishes and delivers the annual Compliance Innovation Plan and quarterly reports per contract requirements.
- Oversees execution of the Data Implementation Plan
- Solicits data requirements from Data Scientists and advocates with the program, CMs, and PMs for tools, software, and IT resources to optimize support to Mission.
- Supports Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and the responsible offices in developing data strategies, policies, standards, and compliance governance.
- Monitors and updates the Chief Engineer on any non-compliance with key stakeholders for data usage.
- Other data related tasks as directed by the Chief Engineer or PMO leadership
- Experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology projects of a similar scope
- Ten or more years of experience leading and participating in cross-organizational teams that develop and execute strategies for data activities, such as strategies for accessing, discovering, and managing mission datasets
- Ten or more years of experience developing and executing data life cycle plans across organizations
- Focus on the critical role data play in our mission support
- Promotes the goals and objective of the data-centric approach to data management
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and perform other duties as assigned
- Possess excellent writing and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to manage multiple customer requests simultaneously
- Candidate must have BS degree with and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 8-12 with years of prior relevant experience. Will consider work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must be US Citizen.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
Eligible for External Referrals
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.