Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a project-focused and self-motivated Project Manager to triage, track, and escalate schedule and risk items as part of a large cyber engineering contract acting with senior project leadership and team leads.
Over the course of a project, the Project Manager will provide strategic technical direction and lead teams focused in:
- Detail-oriented, autonomous individual with ability to track and manage multiple items simultaneously
- Prevention or Proactive Measures: Outreach and Awareness, Security Notification, and Infrastructure Security
- Detection: Firewalls, Network-based Intrusion Detection, Host-based Intrusion Detection, Internet Misuse Monitoring, Log File Analysis, Packet Capture Analysis, Electronic Mail Analysis
- Response/Recovery: Incident Response & Recovery, Forensics, Follow-up
- Information Management: Data extraction, transformation & loading (ETL), Data management, archival, architecture, security and Analytical metadata, and Statistical modeling, and custom projects
- Response/Recovery: Incident Response & Recovery, Forensics, Follow-up; and
- Assisting in the definition of project scope and goals;
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project;
- Identifying and managing potential risks and liabilities of multiple projects or sub-projects;
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needed;
- Serving as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy;
- Communicating with executives to keep the project aligned with their goals;
- Creating long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones, adhering to deadlines and allocating resources;
- Delegating tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them;
- Performing quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected;
- Reporting: Internal and External Reporting
- 3 years of experience in managing IT projects
- Bachelor’s degree in an information technology discipline from an accredited college or university is required or 6 years of experience
- Previous IT project management experience required, particularly with regards to web application development and/or technology deployment. Utilizes limited knowledge of Cybersecurity industry practices and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to follow procedures and proactively manage tasks through to completion.
- Candidate will be expected to provide oversight and direction to small teams performing infrastructure and/or technology deployments across the US
- Proven track record to manage multiple simultaneous projects on time and within budget. Work with geographically dispersed teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Current [interim] Secret clearance required with ability to obtain DoD/TS.
- Cybersecurity experience preferred
- Prefer at least one of the following certifications:
- CERT Certified Computer Security Incident Handler
- ECC CEH (Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker)
- GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
- GISF (GIAC Information Security Fundamentals)
- CISSP (ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional)
- SCNP (Security Certified Network Professional)
- SCNA (Security Certified Network Architect)
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.