Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Leidos Civil Group is recruiting for a Cyber Technical Team Lead.
- Duties include investigating computer and information security incidents to determine extent of compromise to information and automated information systems, providing computer forensic and intrusion support to high technology investigations in the form of computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments.
- Ideates and implements new and innovative technological solutions to protect customer’s assets, data, and people;
- Maintain a deep understanding in security trends, platforms, and emerging offerings spanning all mediums (mobile, desktop, cloud, network, and infrastructure);
- Leads the Cyber technical team and mentors junior members
- Works in partnership with senior leaders to devise and implement technology-led growth strategies across the customer Cybersecurity domain;
- Analyzes, designs, develops, and delivers solutions that are built to stop adversaries and strengthen client operations;
- Technical expert in all foundational applications of information technology (e.g. networking, computing, application development, virtual infrastructure, mobile, and edge computing) and full command of technical and non-technical aspects of cybersecurity (e.g. operations; applicable laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to cyber);
- Partners with and collaborates with leading security vendors at the executive and product manager level; and
- Engages with executive leadership in the customer organizations
- Stay abreast of capabilities in security and related technologies and offerings (e.g. agile, digital, platforms, analytics, AI/ML, RPA, etc.) and works with teams to apply the knowledge to the customer domain
- Leads the team in developing new products, processes, standards or operational plans in support of the project/family. Has budget accountability for work area or manage elements of the budget.
- Manages a team of experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments. Leads, directs and reviews the work of team who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- 8 years supporting and delivering technology and security solutions;
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security, Intelligence Analysis or related field, or equivalent experience;
- Research and maintain proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding and network security and encryption;
- Expertise in federal cybersecurity initiatives, guidelines, and policies
- Expertise in core cybersecurity frameworks;
- Exceptional communicator with experience briefing and leading engagements with leadership and SES-level government leaders; and exceptional in technical writing; and
- Must have at least one of the following certification:
- CERT Certified Computer Security Incident Handler
- ECC CEH (Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker)
- GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
- GISF (GIAC Information Security Fundamentals)
- CISSP (ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional)
- SCNP (Security Certified Network Professional)
- SCNA (Security Certified Network Architect)
- Must be able to acquire and maintain an MBI
- Experience managing or operational responsible for FISMA high system.
- Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.