Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? A Fortune 500 company, the top federal contractor in Washington Technology’s Top 100 list for 2020, and rated by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies (2020), Leidos takes pride in tackling difficult tasks the right way. We know once you join our team, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
Leidos is looking for a TS/SCI with polygraph cleared Senior JAVA Developer with experience creating and developing a broad range of applications and solutions. The developer will work as part of a creative team to design new and engaging learning tools and products in support of a dynamic and creative learning organization. The successful candidate will have strong systems, software, and Agile experience to develop customized software solutions to meet the needs of a dynamic training organization. The developer will participate in and/or direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. This role calls for extensive development using a variety of client- and server-side languages.
- Develop applications and client and server side tools to support and facilitate in-person and on-line training programs.
- Develop and integrate custom developed software solutions.
- Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers.
- Develop and direct software system validation and testing methods using common best practices.
- Coordinate closely with team members, Product Owners and Stakeholders to ensure User Story alignment and implementation to customer use cases.
- Analyze (though proof of concept, performance, and end-to-end testing) and effectively coordinate Infrastructure needs driven by developed software to meet customer mission needs.
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices.
- Use industry leading DevOps tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Unix bash scripting.
- Document and Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Leverage Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities.
- Apply and identify best practices and standard operating procedures.
- In-depth experience with JAVA and data processing, manipulation or querying (SQL or NoSQL).
- Experience with both client-side and server-side scripting languages, such as Python, jQuery, Perl, PHP, etc.
- Ability to write effective and scalable code.
- Recent experience following the stages of the software development lifecycle, with experience delivering within DevOps toolsets/practices.
- Direct experience utilizing software testing performance tools, such as Junit.
- Possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully individually, within a team, and across multidisciplinary teams.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to determine project needs, propose design solutions, collaborate with stakeholders and provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated experience using analysis, evaluation, observation or other data to propose and plan design improvements.
- Ability to successfully track, prioritize, and schedule projects and tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- A degree in programming, computer science, or a related field.
- BA/BS with 12+ years of relevant experience
- Must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and tempo.
- Experience with tools like Git, Jenkins, Unix bash scripting.
- Experience with development in Commercial Cloud Platforms (ex, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure).
- Experience developing in or deploying to AWS.
- Experience tracking projects in common collaboration tools like SharePoint and JIRA.
- Ability to develop, prototype and deploy solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services.
- Familiarity with ADA Section 508 compliance.
- Experience utilizing a diverse range of multimedia, electronic authoring, and development tools and software to create and deliver engaging e-learning or mobile content.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suites or comparable products.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.